Touchscreen difference with Nexus 5

JGK123

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone! I am a happy new iPhone user that had a question. I apologize if my question has been asked.

I recently bought my friends iPhone 6 which he had been using since October or so. I'm enjoying everything about it but was curious about one thing. I'm coming from a nexus 5 and this is my first iPhone.

I'm wondering if anyone has noticed that the touchscreen feels different. I feel like I have to press harder to press certain buttons or I have to be more precise. Maybe it's a bit difficult to describe. I don't think it's a problem, but there's definitely a difference and I was wondering if other people have noticed this as well. I ask because I'm hoping this isn't some kind of issue with my iPhone. I get the sense that I'll just have to get used to it.

Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure. I am not having touchscreen-related issues, but I've stated in the past that I sometimes feel as if the screen sensitivity in recent models haven't been as sensitive as on earlier models (iPhone 4 & earlier). Having said that, does your iPhone 6 have a screen protector on it?

Last edited:

JGK123

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm not using a screen protector.

I think I'm just being very picky. The touchscreen works fine. I just noticed I have to be much more deliberate and have to try to be more accurate than I ever was on the Nexus 5. I rarely missed pressing any buttons on the Nexus 5, but on the iPhone 6 I'll occasionally have to press a button two or three times unless I'm being careful. I think this means there are no problems with the touchscreen and I'll have to get used to the difference between the iPhone 6 and Nexus 5.

Thanks for your reply. Like you said, maybe the iPhone 6 is less sensitive than earlier models. I just can't find many people talking about it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not using a screen protector.

I think I'm just being very picky. The touchscreen works fine. I just noticed I have to be much more deliberate and have to try to be more accurate than I ever was on the Nexus 5. I rarely missed pressing any buttons on the Nexus 5, but on the iPhone 6 I'll occasionally have to press a button two or three times unless I'm being careful. I think this means there are no problems with the touchscreen and I'll have to get used to the difference between the iPhone 6 and Nexus 5.

Thanks for your reply. Like you said, maybe the iPhone 6 is less sensitive than earlier models. I just can't find many people talking about it.

You're very welcome...:)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Always make sure the screen and your fingers are clean. That helps. If some buttons are unresponsive, it could be the app. Generally, the phones "buttons" should work OK. If there's a persistent issue, try a hard reset. You will find this cures a lot on the iPhone.
Here:
Hold the top power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.