Can I get some help adding Google account to iPhone 6 on iOS8.3?

nicolefooter

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Trouble adding Google account to iPhone 6 on iOS8.3

Hi,

I am trying to add my google account to my iPhone 6. It was previously working fine and I mistakenly deleted when changing something else, I now can't add it back.

I am doing the following:
- Go to Settings
- Select Add Account
- Select Google

It opens a sign in window at accounts.google.com
- I enter my email and password
Note: this is a not hooked up to a gmail address its a separate email address that my google account is linked to.

Another window in accounts.google.com opens which indicates that
"iOS would like to: ....view and manage email, vuew contacts, manage your calendars, etc"

There is a Cancel and Accept button. I hit the Accept button.

It then goes into a screen with Gmail written at the top and four lines for:
Mail, Contacts, Calendar and Notes with the std iPhone swipe buttons on the end. The screen is greyed out with the swirling thinking link over the top.

It then returns to the Add Account screen with the listed of types and no new account has been added.

Its like I can log into the account but it then can't access it to add the account to the phone properly. I have checked and have 2 stage password set to NO.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nicole

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Trouble adding Google account to iPhone 6 on iOS8.3

I don't know. Maybe it's designed to only access an actual gmail account via that particular setup. Can you not do a directly configure the non gmail account?

Shanicenicolle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

Hi,

I am trying to add my google account to my iPhone 6. It was previously working fine and I mistakenly deleted when changing something else, I now can't add it back.

I am doing the following:
- Go to Settings
- Select Add Account
- Select Google

It opens a sign in window at accounts.google.com
- I enter my email and password
Note: this is a not hooked up to a gmail address its a separate email address that my google account is linked to.

Another window in accounts.google.com opens which indicates that
"iOS would like to: ....view and manage email, vuew contacts, manage your calendars, etc"

There is a Cancel and Accept button. I hit the Accept button.

It then goes into a screen with Gmail written at the top and four lines for:
Mail, Contacts, Calendar and Notes with the std iPhone swipe buttons on the end. The screen is greyed out with the swirling thinking link over the top.

It then returns to the Add Account screen with the listed of types and no new account has been added.

Its like I can log into the account but it then can't access it to add the account to the phone properly. I have checked and have 2 stage password set to NO.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nicole

Strange i have my school email on mine that isn't a google email but it's a Google account and add the same way. Check your account settings on a computer

manekdsilva

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site

Hey there,
I'm having the exact same problem, did you find a solution to this at any point?

manekdsilva

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site

Oh I seem to have figured it out, I removed all my similar linked gmail accounts from my iPhone and then retried and it added the account no problem!
Now to add the other accounts as well, haha.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2