photo stream help!!!!

jcfcarter

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
so heres the deal.

I have taken 8oo something photos on my iPhone 6.
i have the icloud photo stream that im charged for every month. (99 cents)
I want to put all my photos onto Iphoto (like i used to do)
and delete them from my phone to free up space on my phone.

So i went into icloud in iPhoto, then copied the photo stream to an album.
then deleted everything is said was on my device (in iphoto)
Iphoto says i have no photos on my phone..... but they (and the videos that didnt copy) are all still there.

and yes i tried turning it off and on again but nothing happened....

please help!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Try connecting your iPhone to your computer and then transfer the photos onto your desktop or a folder on your desktop. From there, upload the pics to your iCloud Photo Library.

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
If you have them backing up to iCloud, if you are utilizing iCloud Photo Stream, they will continue to show up on your device. Do the pictures show a little cloud overtop of them? If they do, the photos are not being stored on your device. It is just a thumbnail that you have the option to download to your device. The actual picture is being store on iCloud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

truenorthstrong

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Best way to have photos organized is to have icloud photo library off and have my photo stream on. So when you have your phone connected to wifi, it will automatically put those pictures to your iphoto or the photos app, which works great for me. Once I see those pictures I took go from my camera roll to my photo stream album on the phone I know that they will be already on my Mac. I can now delete them off the camera roll and photo stream to make more space.