Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree25Likes

Default Re: 16 gb users

Quote Originally Posted by Closingracer View Post
    Do well? Busy deleting stuff all the time. I'm the one who has to go help her with why she doesn't have enough memory. The phone only has about 11GB of usable memory which is pretty sad in 2015. If you can afford it you should always choose 64GB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree- I don't want to have to decide which apps are most important or do I really need to carry all those pictures. I want to enjoy using my phone without those space restrictions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Closingracer and Spencerdl like this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts

I get by with no problem. Unlimited T-Mobile plan allows me to stream music and not store it on the phone. Things like google drive and iCloud allow me to access photos and not keep them all on the phone. And I use iTunes Match also.

Quote Originally Posted by phreddyl View Post
    I agree- I don't want to have to decide which apps are most important or do I really need to carry all those pictures. I want to enjoy using my phone without those space restrictions.

My point is that most people can not afford that extra $100. It's a stretch for most to afford a 16 gb phone.

Default 16 gb users

I can afford to buy a 32 or 64 gb. I bought two 32 gb phones for my kids. I just know that 16 gb will work for me so why spend the extra money. I keep my photos on Dropbox, I don't play games or have music on my device and I only use the apps that I need. If I have an app installed that I don't use I get rid of it.
    grover5 likes this.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    4,791 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    My point is that most people can not afford that extra $100. It's a stretch for most to afford a 16 gb phone.

Most people? It's a minority or a 50/50 at best. Most people just don't see the value in it and rather mess around deleting stuff

iMore Guru

Global Posts
    4,791 Global Posts

Default 16 gb users

Quote Originally Posted by gdruin74 View Post
    I get by with no problem. Unlimited T-Mobile plan allows me to stream music and not store it on the phone. Things like google drive and iCloud allow me to access photos and not keep them all on the phone. And I use iTunes Match also.

And how would you access it underground where your subway has only added cellphone service in like 10% of the whole Line? Unless your going to have a signal 150% of the time unlimited data or not it's smart to download some stuff

iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts

No subways here. I am never in a place without service. But do keep some things on the phone.

Most people? It's a minority or a 50/50 at best. Most people just don't see the value in it and rather mess around deleting stuff

50% of the population are on gov't assistance of some kind. Yes, MOST people buy the 16 gb because it's all they can afford. They need that $100 for living expenses.

Q&A Jedi

Global Posts
    38,883 Global Posts

I went for the 64 GB for the simple fact that the cost benefit made sense 100 more to quadruple the memory. The 128 GB did NOT make sense to me since the extra 100 that time only doubled my memory. So I opted for 64.
    grover5 likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    346 Global Posts

By putting my phone down from time to time and not living my life on or through my phone. I don't keep videos on my phone or excessive amounts of music and apps on my device. I also clear out my photos every couple of months.
    iMore Intermediate

Considering I don't keep phones that long 16gbs doesn't bother me.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    grover5 likes this.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    4,791 Global Posts

Default 16 gb users

50% of the population are on gov't assistance of some kind. Yes, MOST people buy the 16 gb because it's all they can afford. They need that $100 for living expenses.

Then they aren't buying iPhones.... Cheap android full priced on networks like Net 10, Boost, cricket or etc

The Moto E is like $150 full priced and thus cheaper plans since you don't have to lease, finance or a 2 year contract

Then they aren't buying iPhones.... Cheap android full priced on networks like Net 10, Boost, cricket or etc

The Moto E is like $150 full priced and thus cheaper plans since you don't have to lease, finance or a 2 year contract

Many do. But even a big portion of them prefer iPhones. And don't forget the % who still use the Obamaphone.

iMore Guru

Global Posts
    4,791 Global Posts

Many do. But even a big portion of them prefer iPhones. And don't forget the % who still use the Obamaphone.

If your hurting for money preference of OS fakes a back seat..... Android is cheaper up front and plans are as well. Metro PCS is $30 and you can easily get an Moto E for around $150

What is a "normal user". In my opinion if you own a iPhone you're past a normal user simply because of all the apps and games that are available on the Apple network. I'm managing 32gb right now (3.5gb left) and I hate having to do so. Music, photos, wallpapers and videos is whole other story. I like my "stuff" on my phone and not having to worry about reaching for the clouds ....."when available" ......just my .02cents

If your hurting for money preference of OS fakes a back seat..... Android is cheaper up front and plans are as well. Metro PCS is $30 and you can easily get an Moto E for around $150

So you're saying all iPhone users are well off and can afford the extra $100 for more space? LOL. It might surprise you to know how many iPhone users have less than $30k total household income per year. They're able to scrounge up $199.99 for a 16 gb on contract.

iMore Guru

Global Posts
    4,791 Global Posts

Default 16 gb users

So you're saying all iPhone users are well off and can afford the extra $100 for more space? LOL. It might surprise you to know how many iPhone users have less than $30k total household income per year. They're able to scrounge up $199.99 for a 16 gb on contract.

Then they aren't buying the iPhone 6 or 6 plus....Probably getting the iphone 5S or 5C....
    And even then typical 4 major carrier prices aren't friendly in price either...Metro PCS is $30 a month period yet T-Mobile is at least $60 after you include taxes on their basic plan with 1GB of LTE data and buying phone full price

iMore Guru

Global Posts
    4,791 Global Posts

Default 16 gb users

Even with the iPhone 5C and the 1GB data plan for $50 it's $69 dollars before tax and let's just add around $10 for tax so that's $70 a month for the next 24 months.

Or you can go to metro pcs for a free phone after mail in rebate and a plan for $30 running on T-mobile network.

If you need AT&T service there is cricket wireless for $35 after you do auto pay and the moto e for $79

If your in need of money these are way better way to do it and the cheapest iPhone would be the iPhone 5c on cricket for $299

Q&A Jedi

Global Posts
    38,883 Global Posts

I don't want to tell you what my unlocked 6 plus 64 cost full retail. Lets just say, my mortgage payment is not much higher.
    zerog46 and grover5 like this.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06...fd8e70fbfc.jpg

Even with the iPhone 5C and the 1GB data plan for $50 it's $69 dollars before tax and let's just add around $10 for tax so that's $70 a month for the next 24 months.

Or you can go to metro pcs for a free phone after mail in rebate and a plan for $30 running on T-mobile network.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06...e94e2f5125.jpg

If you need AT&T service there is cricket wireless for $35 after you do auto pay and the moto e for $79

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06...b523ff740b.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06...1104a89cf6.jpg

If your in need of money these are way better way to do it and the cheapest iPhone would be the iPhone 5c on cricket for $299

Why do you think most people who buy an iPhone get the 16 gb model? It is the best seller.

iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,794 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oofa View Post
    I find that I could probably get by with about 8GB on any smartphone. I suppose I'm not "normal" but I have never been able to get even close to using anywhere near half of my 16GB. No music, maybe 4-6 extra apps, no huge amount of photos........
    Isn't iOS almost 8 now by itself?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    613 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shanicenicolle View Post
    Isn't iOS almost 8 now by itself?
    No.
    ajl
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    932 Global Posts

I just get by. Mainly by cloud services for music and photos

Sent from my iPhone 6+ on Tapatalk
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    4,791 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ajl View Post
    I just get by. Mainly by cloud services for music and photos

Sent from my iPhone 6+ on Tapatalk
    And if it goes down? Sidekick and Microsoft a few years back proves I wouldn't bet it all on the cloud 24/7.

iMore Guru

Global Posts
    4,791 Global Posts

Why do you think most people who buy an iPhone get the 16 gb model? It is the best seller.

No there is plenty of people who just want the "cheapest" iPhone possible when in reality your going to suffer because of it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12