Thanks for the tip to "turn off bluetooth," that worked and allowed SOUND & NOTIFICATION on my wife's iPhone at last!
    09-21-2016 02:35 PM
    It is not a common "issue"...it is an isolated issue affecting only a very tiny % of the consumer base, and is best remedied by either a restore or having the device replaced/repaired by Apple if the restore doesn't remedy what is happening. Apple is not going to "fix" something that is affecting such a small amount of users.
    Same here...suddenly no alerts...it's driving me nuts. I miss things all the time because of it.
    wmnnj likes this.
    09-22-2016 07:07 PM
    Thank you! Rebooting it worked
    09-25-2016 11:28 AM
    I have the iphone 6s also and I never know if I get a text message either. There are many glitches with this phone and I am so regretting buying it! I have even more regret over the fact that I just let it update to more rotten issues like having to put my pwd in repeatedly now, it asks you to use your thumb print but never uses it, everything sux abt this phone. I had the 5c I think it was, it was great. Now, not so much.
    10-01-2016 01:06 PM
    It is a Common issue. Many have it. 2 people on my plan have it.
    10-01-2016 01:08 PM
    You're not making it clear just what problems you have. Let's first take the no sound on text message. Have you checked in messages to see if you have "do not Disturb" turned on. If you do, turn it off. You would need to check this on each contact that has no sound. In iOS 10, tap the i in the upper right corner > scroll down to "do not Disturb". Turn off.
    Tap the i

Turn off

Do other sounds work? Do you hear the call ringer?
    10-01-2016 01:47 PM
    I had the same problem and fixed it yesterday. Here is how:
    Go to Settings -> General ->Reset ->Reset all settings

This solved the problem and I didn't lose my data, however I lost all of my personal preferences I had to reset like my font size, ringtone etc.

I hope this helps
    10-06-2016 01:20 PM
    Yeah. Mine's been missing the alerts, too. Does it have to do with the update IOS 10?
    10-14-2016 06:43 PM
    I have the same phone i phone 6 plus
    and same issues and I totally agree with you. I am going to try to call Apple today to see about rectifying this.
    10-17-2016 08:53 AM
    I think the update caused tons of issues for many. I hear complaints from all my friends and family since the update.
    10-17-2016 08:55 AM
    I am glad that I am not the only one experiencing this, BUT, it is very annoying!. I am missing messages on google chat and imessage as they don't ring at all.

Should we post on Apple boards?
    11-01-2016 10:42 AM
    This is definitely not a rare event. It has happened to both my iPhone 6 and my wife's iPhone 5. This is a severe problem for us, missing so many important phone calls and text messages! Apple, I hope you figure out a fix for this soon, or I will be forced to abandon you.
    11-18-2016 08:15 PM
    YEA!!! It worked.

The next question is why would an Apple designer let such an easy thing like getting a sound be soon convaluted
    11-22-2016 02:00 PM
    Help, I have done everything single thing three times over on every single forum. I don't get SOUND for incoming text messages, only from people using iMessage via their iPad or computer. This is causing me a lot of trouble. I'm missing really important things daily.

I'm at the end of the rope here. I'm ready to go back to Droid as iPhone has more glitches-and they never stop.

YES the do not disturb sign is OFF
    YES the sound is ON
    YES the notification sound is ON.

PLEASE help.
    lol it's fix there's a tiny button on top left corner flip it back forward then you'll hear it lol
    losito likes this.
    12-03-2016 08:29 PM
    Hello,

For me it was the following: I frequently use a bluetooth headset and/or headphones for calls and music and I also have bluetooth speakers.

Go to the settings for the text message tones. I assume that when you change the tone, you get vibration feedback, but not the alert/ringtone, when you change.

Now swipe up the "quick menu" from the bottom of the screen (i.e. where you can switch on flashlight, wlan, bluetooth etc.).

There click on the little presentation-like icon (Airplay) and check if it is set to iphone or bluetooth. For me it was set to Bluetooth.
    And yes, you can have it set to Bluetooth, even when you have Bluetooth radio disabled. That is the problem.
    When it is set to that, texts, calenders etc. sounds won't be playing. So switch the AirPlay to iPhone.

Hope this solves it for somebody.

phph
    I too have tried everything! This has happened on every iPhone I had but I have always found a way to correct it. It is now happening on my iPhone 7 and I can't find a way around it. I have tried this last suggestion and hope it will work. Thank you so much for sharing!
    12-04-2016 01:19 PM
    Ok, tried the Bluetooth thing, the do not disturb thing, etc. I am going preset all my settings. See if that helps. Wish me luck. Oh, it's not an IOS 10 thing. This has been an issue for a while..
    12-04-2016 05:31 PM
    Thank you for your help. It was the Bluetooth. I turned it off and it works now. Good advise.
    12-10-2016 10:42 PM
    I had the same problem. It wasn't Bluetooth so my primary suspect was a new Apple Watch. I'm still not sure if it was the watch or a recent update but I finally fixed it by turning off Text Message Forwarding under Settings->Messages.
    12-19-2016 12:38 PM
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.... Wow... such a frustrating issue! Really appreciate that you shared your wisdom and experience - it's invaluable. After trying everything else multiple times, it's such a relief to have found the cause :-) Blessings on you! You're a star :-)
    12-27-2016 02:05 PM
    Thanks! This was driving me nuts as my sound notifications showed up just fine. I swiped up and found my do not disturb on. I must have hit something by accident.
    01-06-2017 01:48 PM
    This is my first iPhone and I've only had it for a couple of weeks but I've been experiencing the same problems as everyone else. However mine seem very random. At times I will get text alerts and others i won't. It's very problematic at best.
    The biggest reason I started searching was I was curious that when my Bluetooth was enabled (like in the car or when using a wireless speaker) I'm not getting any text notifications and was searching for a way around this problem.
    I was having a similar issue with my navigation apps,( no sound) but found the work around for that.
    I know if I wasn't listening to my radio and had it turned to auxiliary most likely it would alert me through that but I don't wish to do that nor do I want to disable my Bluetooth.
    There must be a way to do both.
    Also thank you for the all of the other advice. I haven't tried them all yet but I'm going to. Ironically I had similar problems with my galaxy which is one of the reasons I made the switch.
    My apologies for the length but I have one more question, I have used the do not disturb before on an individual basis and that person was still able to text me just not call.
    I thought it was supposed to prevent both?
    01-11-2017 03:40 AM
    It is not a common "issue"...it is an isolated issue affecting only a very tiny % of the consumer base, and is best remedied by either a restore or having the device replaced/repaired by Apple if the restore doesn't remedy what is happening. Apple is not going to "fix" something that is affecting such a small amount of users.
    This is happening to my iPhone 6 Plus as well. I tried all the fixes I've read online by all the different post of people. And talking to other people that I see on a regular basis, they are saying it is happening to them too. This "small percentage" is quickly growing from my perspective. At least in my neck of the words it is. There has to be a way to fix this. I use my phone for business and I miss important text messages all day long. That is not good.
    01-31-2017 03:39 PM
    Hello All,
    My phone was also experiencing very low text notification sound even with ringer and alerts set to max. The ringer was nice and loud but the standard text notification sound, Bamboo and others I tried were all barely audible. I tried the complete power down with no success. Then I thought it might be my case so I had to remove the lightening cable to check but before removing my case I found removing my lightening cable did the trick. I replaced the lightening cable and it remained normal sound level. Happy now.
    02-02-2017 11:51 AM
    Bluetooth is off not on air play
    It won't even make any sound
    I can hear the ring tones and text tones in settings but nothing happens when a call or text comes through.
    It's extremely irritating
    02-22-2017 11:30 PM
    I had your experience as well. I found that I could not turn my bluetooth off as it was continually trying to connect with my car. I powered my phone down and when I powered back up, bluetooth was off and my sounds were back.
    03-03-2017 10:46 AM
76 1234