Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree12Likes
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: NO SOUND with TEXT MESSAGES iPhone 6, just started this week. How can I fix this?

Thanks for the tip to "turn off bluetooth," that worked and allowed SOUND & NOTIFICATION on my wife's iPhone at last!
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: NO SOUND with TEXT MESSAGES iPhone 6, just started this week

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    It is not a common "issue"...it is an isolated issue affecting only a very tiny % of the consumer base, and is best remedied by either a restore or having the device replaced/repaired by Apple if the restore doesn't remedy what is happening. Apple is not going to "fix" something that is affecting such a small amount of users.
    Same here...suddenly no alerts...it's driving me nuts. I miss things all the time because of it.
    wmnnj likes this.
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: NO SOUND with TEXT MESSAGES iPhone 6, just started this week. How can I fix this?

Thank you! Rebooting it worked
    iMore Nanite

I have the iphone 6s also and I never know if I get a text message either. There are many glitches with this phone and I am so regretting buying it! I have even more regret over the fact that I just let it update to more rotten issues like having to put my pwd in repeatedly now, it asks you to use your thumb print but never uses it, everything sux abt this phone. I had the 5c I think it was, it was great. Now, not so much.
    iMore Nanite

It is a Common issue. Many have it. 2 people on my plan have it.

You're not making it clear just what problems you have. Let's first take the no sound on text message. Have you checked in messages to see if you have "do not Disturb" turned on. If you do, turn it off. You would need to check this on each contact that has no sound. In iOS 10, tap the i in the upper right corner > scroll down to "do not Disturb". Turn off.
    Tap the i

Turn off

Do other sounds work? Do you hear the call ringer?
    iMore Nanite

I had the same problem and fixed it yesterday. Here is how:
    Go to Settings -> General ->Reset ->Reset all settings

This solved the problem and I didn't lose my data, however I lost all of my personal preferences I had to reset like my font size, ringtone etc.

I hope this helps
    iMore Nanite

Yeah. Mine's been missing the alerts, too. Does it have to do with the update IOS 10?
    iMore Nanite

I have the same phone i phone 6 plus
    and same issues and I totally agree with you. I am going to try to call Apple today to see about rectifying this.
    iMore Nanite

I think the update caused tons of issues for many. I hear complaints from all my friends and family since the update.
    iMore Nanite

I am glad that I am not the only one experiencing this, BUT, it is very annoying!. I am missing messages on google chat and imessage as they don't ring at all.

Should we post on Apple boards?
    iMore Nanite

This is definitely not a rare event. It has happened to both my iPhone 6 and my wife's iPhone 5. This is a severe problem for us, missing so many important phone calls and text messages! Apple, I hope you figure out a fix for this soon, or I will be forced to abandon you.
    iMore Nanite

YEA!!! It worked.

The next question is why would an Apple designer let such an easy thing like getting a sound be soon convaluted
    iMore Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by iMore Question View Post
    Help, I have done everything single thing three times over on every single forum. I don't get SOUND for incoming text messages, only from people using iMessage via their iPad or computer. This is causing me a lot of trouble. I'm missing really important things daily.

I'm at the end of the rope here. I'm ready to go back to Droid as iPhone has more glitches-and they never stop.

YES the do not disturb sign is OFF
    YES the sound is ON
    YES the notification sound is ON.

PLEASE help.
    lol it's fix there's a tiny button on top left corner flip it back forward then you'll hear it lol
    iMore Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by phone_phisher View Post
    Hello,

For me it was the following: I frequently use a bluetooth headset and/or headphones for calls and music and I also have bluetooth speakers.

Go to the settings for the text message tones. I assume that when you change the tone, you get vibration feedback, but not the alert/ringtone, when you change.

Now swipe up the "quick menu" from the bottom of the screen (i.e. where you can switch on flashlight, wlan, bluetooth etc.).

There click on the little presentation-like icon (Airplay) and check if it is set to iphone or bluetooth. For me it was set to Bluetooth.
    And yes, you can have it set to Bluetooth, even when you have Bluetooth radio disabled. That is the problem.
    When it is set to that, texts, calenders etc. sounds won't be playing. So switch the AirPlay to iPhone.

Hope this solves it for somebody.

phph
    I too have tried everything! This has happened on every iPhone I had but I have always found a way to correct it. It is now happening on my iPhone 7 and I can't find a way around it. I have tried this last suggestion and hope it will work. Thank you so much for sharing!
    iMore Nanite

Ok, tried the Bluetooth thing, the do not disturb thing, etc. I am going preset all my settings. See if that helps. Wish me luck. Oh, it's not an IOS 10 thing. This has been an issue for a while..
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123