Let's hear your iPhone 6 and 6 Plus drop stories.

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
So the iPhone 6 and 6+ have been out for quite some time now, allotting us plenty of time to drop our phones since release day. Personally, I'm not a big case fan so I opt out of one on most occasions. But here's the thing. I've still dropped my 6 numerous times sans any sort of protection--and its emerged unscathed every single time. Concrete floor? Thrice with no problems. Hard woods? Yup. Even face down.

Let's hear your drop stories! It's pretty clear to me that the iPhone 6 is very resilient to breaks--at least in my experiences.

So have your drops resulted in horrific damages? Nothing at all? Let's hear your absolute worst stories!

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: iPhone 6 and Drops

I haven't dropped my iPhone 6 Plus yet, thank goodness. However, I believe it can take a bit of abuse without issue. Still, I purchased AppleCare+, just in case.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

My Apple leather case took a beating and really held up well...I've recently replaced it with a ZooGue case but I think I'm going to go back to an Apple leather case (this case just doesn't feel up to par with what I expect).

I've also had to replace my Zagg glass once from a drop where it cracked the protective glass but saved the screen.

So far though, my 6+ is still in perfect shape (knock on wood).

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site

I usually opt out of using a case as well, but I'm glad I didn't this time. While at the office, I was standing in the staircase on the phone, long story short I went to put it in my pocket & turn at the same time & missed. My phone bounced down 8-9 concrete steps. My otterbox was pretty beat up, my phone was perfectly fine. That's why I'm sticking with a case now.

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6 Plus 

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site

I dropped mine from the top of the Space Needle while raising the 12th Man flag, all that happen was a large hole in the concrete which Seattle Center made me pay for ( AppleCare+ doesn't cover destruction of local landmarks ... Thanks for nothing Apple! ) ...

kobe008

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site

I've still dropped my 6 numerous times sans any sort of protection--and its emerged unscathed every single time. Concrete floor? Thrice with no problems. Hard woods? Yup. Even face down.

All this means is you've gotten lucky. Phones have glass and some of it is front and back and it will break if landed on the right way. Some people it happens on the very first drop. Hopefully your luck continues or you stop dropping your phone.

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site

I dropped mine from the top of the Space Needle while raising the 12th Man flag, all that happen was a large hole in the concrete which Seattle Center made me pay for ( AppleCare+ doesn't cover destruction of local landmarks ... Thanks for nothing Apple! ) ...

That's quite a fall...

ela1n3ko

May 5, 2015
Visit site

omg I ALWAYS have a case on my phone! You are lucky that nothing has happened to your phone. It all depends on which angle your phone drops. I remember my friend dropped her iphone 6 the SAME week she bought the phone, and lucky her... it cracked her screen! :concern: She also had a case on, but because she dropped it at the perfect angle, it cracked her screen in one try! She finally got the screen fixed after paying $100 + ....

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site

Silicone case here (phone is too slippery without. Seriously, how do you manage not dropping sans case?). More drops than I care to admit on both carpet and hard floors. No blemishes yet. Lucky me.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

You're Not Quite Right!

redcon1

May 3, 2013
Visit site

My low-profile Element case has protected my 6 from quite a few drops now, without damage to the phone.
If I didn't have a case on it, I would be flinging it around all the time. Way too slick for my hands to grasp.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

I've never even come close to dropping my iPhone 6 Plus.

Using a Spigen NeoHybrid case - I guess the grip is "good enough".

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

Have dropped it a million times. It's been in a case since 30 minutes after I got it. Don't worry about dropping it.

daddyd302

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

I haven't dropped my 6 yet. I did however drop my 4S into the toilet... Let me rephrase that... It went flying from my hand from 4 feet away straight into the toilet.

twilite2000

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site

About 3 weeks ago I was at a college graduation. 2 young girls were walking down the concrete steps to their seats. One was texting not looking where she was going and dropped her phone which bounced with pieces of it flying everywhere and what was left landed next to my seat. It was a iPhone 6 sitting there shattered in a hundred pieces. No protective case visable. I felt bad for the girl. She said she just got it as a gift a couple of weeks before crying that her parents were going to kill her.

xNeezzy

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
The times I've dropped my iPhone 6 were only minor falls and I am so thankful! It would break my heart to drop my iPhone and it even getting a dent or something

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

msyk5645

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I tried out an iPhone 6 plus for about a week. In that time, I had it fall and go skidding across the kitchen, driveway and office at work. Dinged up every corner and shattered a zagg glass. That was my hint that I needed to stick with an iPhone 6! The plus is the only phone I've ever had trouble holding onto. And I have big hands!

MuttX7

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Dropped my 6 while it was in an Otterbox Defender this past winter. It hit on the left top corner while the Zagg Glass protector saved the screen, something internally in my phone broke. First cell phone I've ever broken.

idrazz856

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Dropped my ip6 getting out of my car early in the AM and being startled by a jogger. I had a case on my phone but it was the kind where the bottom wasn't covered. My speaker grill suffered the majority of the damage but luckily I have a zagg glass so my screen didn't get shattered! When I got to work I immediately went online and bought a Speck case. I realized then it's more important to have a protective case than a fashionable one.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR