Buy iPhone 6 or wait for 6s in the Fall?

JM19

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Currently own an iPhone 5c. I would like to upgrade to the 6. The 6 Plus is just too dam big for me. Not a big fan of huge phones.

Wondering though if I should wait a few months until the 6S is released or just go ahead and buy the 6 now.

Was checking out my AT&T account and I could get the 6 with 128GB for something like $29 a month with the Next 24 thing. Now, doing the math I would be paying almost $900 for this phone over 30 months. I think this is just nuts.

I've never paid more than $99 for any phone I've owned. I've always waited until I was eligible for an upgrade. So this would be the first time I spend so much on a phone.

If I buy the phone with an extension to my contract for an additional 2 yrs, I would pay upfront $649 I think.

All this considered, what should I do? I really want a new iPhone.

whetrick1

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Amen if you want the phone get it. I got the 128 gig and been loving it since I got it. Good luck on your decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wild

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I have a yellow 5C 32GB model and thinking of upgrading it with 6S in September.

I would wait for the 6S if I were you!

- fix bending problem
- better camera
- 2GB LPDDR4 RAM - 3X faster
- Force Touch screen
- Even better Touch ID scanner
- 14nm A9 SoC 20% faster; 30 less power needed.
- 1080p screen?
- new color(s)
- improve graphics rendering engine
- LTE Cat 6
- Wi-Fi 802.11ac+

daddyd302

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I just got mine yesterday. The way I see it, the 6S doesn't seem like it's gonna blow the 6 out of the water. Your choice if you think the 6S supposedly upgrades are worth the wait.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I have a yellow 5C 32GB model and thinking of upgrading it with 6S in September.

- fix bending problem
- better camera
- Force Touch screen
- 1080p screen?
- new color(s)
- LTE Cat 6
- Wi-Fi 802.11ac+

This is complete speculation there is no proving truth to anything said in this post. Anyway there will be a updated iPhone but we do not know what's being upgraded yet. The 6 is a great phone I upgrade every year the 6 is fantastic though

soren203

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I would say wait, only around 4 - 5 months until the 6S comes out. If you don't like the 6S in September most carriers will probably start discounts on the older 6 models, plus it gives you time to save up some dough!

All in all though its your choice, and at the end of the day its just a phone :) Good luck!

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
5C is still a solid phone. I'd hold on if you can wait until the 6S specifications are officially released to see if a move to that, or the 6 is right for you.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

- fix bending problem
- better camera
- Force Touch screen
- 1080p screen?
- new color(s)
- LTE Cat 6
- Wi-Fi 802.11ac+

You literally just made all of this up...or you're naive enough to believe someone else who just made it up. None of this is factual information what so ever.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Why does it matter what any of us think you should do? Do what YOU want to do.

Christ oh mighty... :straight-face:

This is what forums are for. Less anger is good. The OP is looking for advice and input. OP I'd wait. The next release is closer than the last release.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

RodolfoLd

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
I think you should wait for it. I kind of felt the "urge" (if it can be called like that) 'cause I had an iPhone 4, so I just upgraded to iPhone 6. But you don't have a bad device, I think you can wait for it :)

by1333

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I would wait for the 6s then buy the 6 used. You know half of these folks in here will run and upgrade to the newer model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I say wait. You're almost there so might as well just wait and weigh your options. At worst, you can buy the 6 at a discount when they announce the new phone.

On another note, my coworker asked me a similar question but I ended up telling him to wait simply because Apple has recently raised the prices in Canada for iPhone's on contract. $479 for the 16gb 6+ and $599 for the 64gb. To me this wasn't worth the upgrade especially since a new iPhone is around the corner.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
This is what forums are for. Less anger is good. The OP is looking for advice and input. OP I'd wait. The next release is closer than the last release.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Gotcha...I guess I'm just part of a generation that refuses to rely on crowd sourced decision making.

"Hey guys! What do you like? Because that is what I'm going to acclimate myself to liking. Will someone choose my preference for me? Thanks!"

:raised-eyebrow:

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
In these situations the OP has to make the decision based on what they want or need. No one knows that but the OP. I bought a 4S about 3 months before the iPhone 5 came out because I couldn't wait to get back to iOS after having a HTC EVO 3D. So my desire to get back on iOS outweighed the iPhone 5 coming in 3 months.
So the OP has to examine their wants,needs and desires and financial issues concerning a new phone.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
If you are happy with a 5c for the next several months then I'd hold out for the next gen. But at this point you're a little over halfway through the 6 lifecycle. It's still well worth the upgrade.