- iMore Intermediate
- 100 Posts
It was pretty warm out today. Around 80. I work construction outside and had my phone near me. I went to use it and it had a temperature warning. Need to let phone cool before I can use it. So what's the deal here? What's the temperature that's being an issue? And is this happening often going to be an issue that could eventually kill my phone?
- 05-07-2015, 04:39 PM #2
- 05-07-2015, 05:27 PM #3
Re: Phone overheating?
Being in serious heat is not good for it, but the temperature warning means the phone is doing what it is supposed to to protect it from major damage. Ambient air temperature is kind of tough to gauge ACTUAL temp to because different environments (IE: your pocket, car seat, etc) can be much higher than the air temp.
I get the warning sometimes in my Jeep when I have the windows all off and I've got my phone sitting in the little pocket on the dashboard...gets pretty hot up there. I usually just put it in the arm rest holder to cool off since it's shaded.
- 05-07-2015, 06:56 PM #4
- 05-08-2015, 11:20 AM #5
- 05-09-2015, 03:24 PM #6
- By Dreegsbeidl in forum WhatsApp for iOSReplies: 2Last Post: 05-07-2015, 02:50 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-07-2015, 10:30 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 05-06-2015, 06:31 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 05-05-2015, 09:12 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-05-2015, 01:12 PM