What is the best iPhone 6 charger?

I

iMore Question

iPhone 6 charger

I've recently bought a power bank to charge my iphone 6. The output sockets on the power bank is 1.0A and 2.1A. Which one is best to use?

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: iPhone 6 charger

In the iPhone 6/6+, the battery is designed to take higher amperage.The 1.0A will charge it at a normal speed, while the 2.1A will charge it significantly faster without harming the battery, so I'd suggest going with the 2.1A socket.

Dency JJ

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
Mine is also 2.1 a which could charge the iPhone quickly, But if you are asking for portable charger, might be Anker or Zeox. I am a newbie. So you could check it by searching google.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Probably the one that came packaged with the iPhone 6...

I have to disagree with you on this point. The one that came packaged is the normal version, if you want to charge fast, you have to buy the official iPad charger. It even says so in their support pages about the 6/6+

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Coming from a Note 4 then Nexus 6 before moving back over to iOS I thought I couldn't live without "quick charging." But, I've found the 1A charger bundled with the iPhone 6 charges sufficiently fast for my needs. I don't charge over night as I'm a "remove from charger when full" type of guy!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have to disagree with you on this point. The one that came packaged is the normal version, if you want to charge fast, you have to buy the official iPad charger. It even says so in their support pages about the 6/6+

The normal charger works well for me, but not for others. Still, It's all good, my friend.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Coming from a Note 4 then Nexus 6 before moving back over to iOS I thought I couldn't live without "quick charging." But, I've found the 1A charger bundled with the iPhone 6 charges sufficiently fast for my needs. I don't charge over night as I'm a "remove from charger when full" type of guy!

I was that same guy too, till I became curious and read their support pages, it seems to not affect the phone in any negative ways to keep it in the charger while asleep. There is some kind of a system build in original Apple chargers to prevent damages at your phone while charging. I don't know if it's the same with official chargers from other phones

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73