Swiftkey is better than the stock Apple Keyboard?

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I just deleted this after using since it launched. I just cannot stand how buggy it is. Half the time it doesn't want to come up it seems. I'll just stick with the stock keyboard I guess.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I just deleted this after using since it launched. I just cannot stand how buggy it is. Half the time it doesn't want to come up it seems. I'll just stick with the stock keyboard I guess.

The only bugginess I get is the occasional vanishing keyboard or freeze up in the Messages app. Since it's common to all the 3rd party keyboards, I feel it's an Apple issue they should fix. In the meantime, I'll still use SwiftKey. It's much better in 8.3 than it was in 8.0.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Did check out Swiftkey, but prefer the stock app.

Am I dreaming or was there a really annoying holiday greeting that stayed forever? I think I removed it because of that. Anyway, stock now.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

hollidizzle

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
I love swiftkey and have recently switched back to it... however. I would like to see more theme options. I just like themes. and last I checked Swiftkey doesn't work with quick reply...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Am I dreaming or was there a really annoying holiday greeting that stayed forever? I think I removed it because of that. Anyway, stock now.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

That was TapaTalk, not SwiftKey. Yeah that greeting went on and on and on. LOL

MDsmartphone

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
The swiftkey keyboard is nice with a cool dark theme.

But there are still a ton of bugs which may be on part of swiftkey, Apple, and app developers

For Some apps the swiftkey keyboard doesn't let you scroll down.
Other times the keys feel small
Other times it takes a few seconds to pop up
Other times the stock keyboard pops up
There is no microphone feature in the swiftkey

Ultimately I just switch back to the stock keyboard,because like everything Apple, it just works. When I use the swiftkey keyboard with all the little annoying bugs I feel like I'm using an android device again

By the way swiftkey works flawlessly on android devices.

Overall it just gets frustrating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The swiftkey keyboard is nice with a cool dark theme.

But there are still a ton of bugs which may be on part of swiftkey, Apple, and app developers

For Some apps the swiftkey keyboard doesn't let you scroll down.
Other times the keys feel small
Other times it takes a few seconds to pop up
Other times the stock keyboard pops up
There is no microphone feature in the swiftkey

Ultimately I just switch back to the stock keyboard,because like everything Apple, it just works. When I use the swiftkey keyboard with all the little annoying bugs I feel like I'm using an android device again

By the way swiftkey works flawlessly on android devices.

Overall it just gets frustrating

A "ton" of bugs? Not on my phone! Only the occasional vanishing keyboard in Messages or an occasional freeze up in Messages. The freeze ups are rare now. What "ton" of bugs do you refer to? Be specific. No mic is an Apple limitation. Not SwiftKey's fault. When predictive is used, the stock keyboard sometimes won't let you scroll all the way down either. But that hasn't been an issue with me.

MDsmartphone

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
A few apps will not let me scroll down when typing. One note, Evernote, my chart, Microsoft word, Msecure to name a few

Sometimes there's a lag for the keyboard to pop up

Other times the default keyboard pops up

A few swipes do not pick up words that I'm trying to put in. It works flawlessly on my old android phone

This is a keyboard. Vital for inputting info into the phone. That plus lack of microphone is what holds me bag from using it regularly

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
A few apps will not let me scroll down when typing. One note, Evernote, my chart, Microsoft word, Msecure to name a few

Sometimes there's a lag for the keyboard to pop up

Other times the default keyboard pops up

A few swipes do not pick up words that I'm trying to put in. It works flawlessly on my old android phone

This is a keyboard. Vital for inputting info into the phone. That plus lack of microphone is what holds me bag from using it regularly

I don't think Apple is allowing the 3rd party keyboards to use the mic or be used to enter passwords. This may change in the near future. I don't use the mic anyway. I don't like it on the keyboard because I hit it by mistake too much and it's annoying.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
SwiftKey has expressed interest in me as part of their team for the upcoming beta for iOS. So it appears more Improvements and possible new features are to come. I submitted my credentials, so we'll see.

kobe008

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
I value any keyboard that can use swipe input to be better than ones that do not. I know apple hasn't allowed swiping until recently and sounds like it is still buggy. On my Note 4 I use the Swype keyboard and it is very accurate. On my iphone 5 I have to use stock because its a business phone and they haven't approved any other keyboards to be installed. I hate using the thing because of that, it seems so archaic haha.

iamchanel

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I am not concerned about the ethnic emoji. But what I miss from Android is the awesome emoji prediction. So essentially you could start typing the word "banana" for example and it would drop the banana emoji in one of the 3 prediction buttons. So you really never had to open the emoji tray, it was awesome.

Built in Emoji prediction is all I want!!!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR