Home button making static noise

xNeezzy

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone, I have an iPhone 6 and I noticed that when ever I lay my finger on my home button, not pressing down, I hear a static/ticking noise coming from it. This isn't the first time this happened to me, meaning this is a replacement phone with the same problem! My 1st iPhone had this exact problem, except it was louder. I went to apple and they decided to replace it, few weeks later I notice it again on this phone but it's not as loud as the first one. The noise can be heard at all times when my finger is on the home button. It helped when I turned reachability off, now I don't hear it. Although that option is off, I can still hear it on the lockscreen. So I think there's something wrong with the Touch ID and reachability that is causing this noise. Am I the only one with this problem??

If you would like an example and to hear it for yourself, down below is the video link. It's a video of my first iPhone making the noise.

https://youtu.be/lReJO0mZ-7I

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just not know what to tell you. I can only assume that dirt or dust of some sort has gotten behind the home button.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner