Ticking noise coming from earpiece of iPhone 6

yenz7280

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
Hey all,

i have an iPhone 6/Verizon 64gb, thats about 3 mo?s old. Just noticed when i made a call the other day i can hear a faint ticking noise coming from the earpiece of my phone. even if i don?t make a call and just hold the phone up to my ear i can still hear a faint ticking noise. kinda annoying. anyone have this problem? As i searched google for a solution and found no related issues I?m having.

gonna take it to the apple store today. will update this thread

tks

xNeezzy

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
Hey all,

i have an iPhone 6/Verizon 64gb, thats about 3 mo?s old. Just noticed when i made a call the other day i can hear a faint ticking noise coming from the earpiece of my phone. even if i don?t make a call and just hold the phone up to my ear i can still hear a faint ticking noise. kinda annoying. anyone have this problem? As i searched google for a solution and found no related issues I?m having.

gonna take it to the apple store today. will update this thread

tks

Good luck, if they can't hear the problem, they won't replace it. They have to notice the problem too to even consider replacing the phone.

yenz7280

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
Update. Took the phone to the Apple Store. They confirmed there was an unusual ticking noise coming from the ear piece. They did all sorts of tests on it to rule out a network issue and they pointed out voice memos wasn't working right either. They had no idea how to fix it and eventually decided give me a new iPhone. When I got home I tested the new iPhone. I can still hear a faint ticking noise on this one too. But not nearly as loud as the other one. So I guess I just have super sonic hearing or something lol.

xNeezzy

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
Once you hear it, you can never un-hear it lol I couldn't deal with it and that's just me. I would get a replacement again.

ela1n3ko

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Thats interesting. You must have very great hearing, or you got another defective phone? Atleast they were able to notice the ticking noise, and gave you a new iphone. :yes:

Docu Df

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
Hello, I have the exact same problem for some weeks now. It is a ticking kind of sound which is really annoying :mad: and it even sounds when lock screen is on and no call is been made. Weird, Hope they don?t give a refurbished one!!! Ny the way my iphone 6 is grey and 16gb.

RollTideFanGrl

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Glad I came across this thread. While talking to my husband, I hear the same thing from his 6S and ear piece... He can't hear it but I hear it well and its annoying.

dmt66

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
My girlfriend has the same issue, but it's happened across different iPhones. We think it's related to the Facebook messenger app. We deleted it and it seems the clicks and tones have gone away. We also reinstalled and the problem came back. We only hear it when on a call. Wondering if that's related to your issue.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods