How do I use the Do Not Disturb - Allow emails from certain users?

I

iMore Question

Do Not Disturb - Allow emails from certain users....

Hi,

Looking through the do not disturb settings on an iPhone 6 IOS 8.3. I can see that you can add a contact to be allowed, but this is only for if they ring. We have set up a Syslog server with certain events triggering an email. This email address we would like to be, allowed through the Do Not Disturb protocol.

Is this possible, thanking you in advance....

Great website......

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Do Not Disturb - Allow emails from certain users....

It is NOT possible at this time. As for being a great website, thank you...;)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I put the people I wanted to be allowed on my phone in the favorites section.

This is not relevant to emails.

The "Do Not Disturb" feature on the iPhone is one of the areas I feel needs some enhancement in the next IOS variant. Being able to toggle the various things contacts can do individually would be fantastic...for instance, I want my do not disturb feature to mute most people, but I want my wife to be able to call, text or email me without being muted...I should be able to set her contact to by pass the do not disturb feature in all facets vs. just getting certain notifications from her while other types are muted.

This would be helpful from a business stand point in many ways...I have clients that are higher up on the totem pole than others, so when I'm in the weeds and trying to get multiple projects done, I want certain people to be able to call me but also want others to be able to email me or text message me.

Apple offered the "Do Not Disturb" function as a more "all or nothing" feature...and while that keeps it simple, I myself want some more customization ability.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2