Thinking about making the switch. Anyone come from a Nexus 6 to the iPhone?

Chris2183

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I currently have a Nexus 6, while I love using the phone for the most part, it is simply too big. I was going to upgrade to the HTC M9 but with the Snapdragon 810 having some issues, I don't have a lot of faith in it at the moment. With the Sony Z4 and the LG G4 also slated to come with the Snapdragon 810, that has left me looking at either the Galaxy S6 or the iPhone 6 as my next phone.

I do not like Touchwiz at all. I know that I can throw a launcher over it and get by for the most part, but the S6 forums are full of people complaining about battery drain, which Lollipop may or may not be also contributing to.

With all this Im thinking it may be time to switch over to the iPhone for a bit. So Im wondering for those who made the switch from the Nexus 6 (or any other Phablet), was it fairly easy to get readjusted to the smaller screen, the lack of being able to arrange your home screen exactly how you want, and the lack of widgets.

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like you answered your own question halfway through your post.

I'll say what I say to everyone who asks me to choose between iPhone and android. Choose the apps. There are some amazing iPhone-only apps and equally amazing android-only apps that people swear by to get them through the day. If you don't have any really important apps on the nexus (for me, it's showbox) that aren't already on the iPhone, I say make the jump.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I just did the opposite switch that your contemplating. My iphone 5s wasn't functioning properly with my car Bluetooth and pebble steel. The battery was also acting crazy and it was buggy even after a complete reset. So I got a s6 I love it! But I do love the iphone 6/6+ as well. Only thing I wish apple would do is up the specs some. My iphone 5s was awesome on ios 7 but I have had nothing but problems since ios 8 ( even up to 8.3 which some problems were even worse) I feel like it's the low specs at times that makes is not as compatible with the newer ios. So I got the most spec'd out android I could find haha.

Chris2183

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like you answered your own question halfway through your post.

I'll say what I say to everyone who asks me to choose between iPhone and android. Choose the apps. There are some amazing iPhone-only apps and equally amazing android-only apps that people swear by to get them through the day. If you don't have any really important apps on the nexus (for me, it's showbox) that aren't already on the iPhone, I say make the jump.

For a long time I passed over the iPhone because of the keyboard. Now that I i can use Swype, and Swiftkey Flow, I am much more open to an iPhone. Apps are not much of an issue as there is only one that I can't get on IOS that I can on Android, but I can just use my PC to handle it. My calendar widget would probably be the biggest thing I miss. I like having all my upcoming appointments on my main screen.

I just did the opposite switch that your contemplating. My iphone 5s wasn't functioning properly with my car Bluetooth and pebble steel. The battery was also acting crazy and it was buggy even after a complete reset. So I got a s6 I love it! But I do love the iphone 6/6+ as well. Only thing I wish apple would do is up the specs some. My iphone 5s was awesome on ios 7 but I have had nothing but problems since ios 8 ( even up to 8.3 which some problems were even worse) I feel like it's the low specs at times that makes is not as compatible with the newer ios. So I got the most spec'd out android I could find haha.

If I had to get a Samsung at this time, it would be an S6, however if Google made a Nexus 6 in a 5 inch model would choose it in a heartbeat

Chris2183

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Id glady switch you for the nexus 6. I have a iphone 6. Been in a case most of the time. Im a big android fan and miss it.
If I owned the phone outright, I would have been open to a possible trade. But I'm on the T-Mobile jump program so it's going back in a few weeks to be traded in.

yenz7280

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
I have a note 4 which I love. Took a bit of tinkering to get the settings right but it's a great phone. Went back to my iPhone 6 for a bit. Miss the simplicity of iOS sometimes and the smaller size plus most of my apps run better on iOS imo.

Chris2183

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm on the next plan to with Att.

Cool, so you will be able to trade out soon enough

I have a note 4 which I love. Took a bit of tinkering to get the settings right but it's a great phone. Went back to my iPhone 6 for a bit. Miss the simplicity of iOS sometimes and the smaller size plus most of my apps run better on iOS imo.
I love using the Nexus 6 when I'm using it with both hands, but I miss the ability to take the phone out, open it, and perform any number of simple tasks single handed. That and being able to sit comfortably with a phone still in my front pocket.

i hate android app store so, I give up my nexus 6 to iPhone

I really have no preference on the app stores, they both give me what I'm after. If the Nexus 6 was still the same size of the Nexus 5 I wouldn't be looking to switch

I honestly never had a Nexus phone. But if you do switch to iPhone... WELCOME TO THE APPLE FAMILY! :yes:

The Nexus line is the purest form of Android you can get. There is no carrier added bloat, no OEM added bloat (think Samsung and all their versions of Google services that you cant remove from the phone), and updates come straight from Google.

I just sold my first gen iPad Mini and picked up an iPad Air 2 (the performance difference is huge) and on June 12th I'm eligible to upgrade, so I'll be picking up an iPhone 6 in Space Grey:D

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Congrats man, the iPhone 6 is awesome! I do however, love stock Android on my 2014 Moto X. I still prefer iOS and the iPhone though, it is what works best for and my needs. :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2