Why can't I text one person I use to be able to text?
i recently changed carriers and updated to a iPhone 6. My children also updated to iPhone 6 and are on the same carrier. My sister also updated to a iPhone 6 plus but is on another carrier. My children have no problem texting my sister. I seem to have the problem. She has not blocked me and I have not blocked her. When I text a message I get the message ( phone number in blue with 6 digits) followed by "Error Invaild Number. Please resend using a valid 10 digit mobile number or valid short code." Her number is in my contact with 10 digits. Also at the top where the name should be is [redacted]. I have reset my phone, reset network settings, removed her from my contacts, deleted all text from her, rebooting each time. I also got another iPhone 6 thinking it maybe the phone itself. When I received the 2nd iPhone 6 I did a back up from the 1st iPhone 6 phone and restored data to my new iPhone 6. I was able to text her at that time. How ever I noticed I did not get all my information back. So I went back and restored iPhone from a earlier update. Since then I am not able to send a text to my sister. Please help!!! My email is redacted. Thank you.
Last edited by Just_Me_D; 05-16-2015 at 11:47 AM.
- Best AnswerApr 18 2015 | 8:18 pm EDT
Delete the contact information for your sister, reboot the iPhone and then create a new contact for her with the correct information.
- 04-18-2015, 08:18 PM #2
- 05-31-2015, 05:33 PM #3
- By WolfBanner87 in forum iPhone 6 PlusReplies: 39Last Post: 04-30-2015, 07:31 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 04-18-2015, 07:15 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 04-18-2015, 07:06 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 04-18-2015, 05:16 PM