Crescent issue with front facing camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Even with the picture that has been posted, I cannot see what you guys are talking about. I saw another thread like this on reddit and I'm lost on this issue.

Will Brady

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
so, you have an issue with me asking questions? I didn't ask you a question to begin with. So why are you providing feedback to my post? I was just curious, I am new to apple and ios, I thought this website was here for people to get answers, and get useless comments.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
so, you have an issue with me asking questions? I didn't ask you a question to begin with. So why are you providing feedback to my post? I was just curious, I am new to apple and ios, I thought this website was here for people to get answers, and get useless comments.

You have a very straight forward issue...something that Apple has acknowledged and will replace/repair with no question.

The request for further photos of it was what was particularly funny to me...like taking a picture of gravel, and then asking for more examples of pictures of gravel.

torini

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I have it on my white iPhone 6 and so does my wife on her space grey iPhone 6 so it is a common issue but doesn't affect the overall functionality of the front facing camera.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I don't think there's any problem with Will asking for photos! This is a discussion forum and he might want to see photos of users issues to compare and set his mind at rest. I know personally I'd also like to see how much more or less affected others are that have exchanged their devices or decided to live with it.

You're really not offering anything constructive to this thread by picking holes in someone who is new to the brand.

Whilst you might be puzzled why he asked for them and you might not agree with him asking for them I promise you there's hundreds of people out there who do appreciate it and would also like to see the result like him. Just because only a few people are taking the time to contribute doesn't mean hundreds aren't browsing through.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't think there's any problem with Will asking for photos! This is a discussion forum and he might want to see photos of users issues to compare and set his mind at rest. I know personally I'd also like to see how much more or less affected others are that have exchanged their devices or decided to live with it.

You're really not offering anything constructive to this thread by picking holes in someone who is new to the brand.

Whilst you might be puzzled why he asked for them and you might not agree with him asking for them I promise you there's hundreds of people out there who do appreciate it and would also like to see the result like him. Just because only a few people are taking the time to contribute doesn't mean hundreds aren't browsing through.

Who said there was a problem? I simply thought it was weird...it was an opinion, you know...the kind of thing you find on a "discussion forum".

Also, my first response to him was a direct answer to his request for information about the issue...so I'd say I definitely offered something constructive.

And my observation was simply that it was odd that someone was requesting further pictures of something that is identical from phone to phone (in regard to this issue)...you'd have to have an extremely tiny measuring instrument to even register a difference from phone to phone when it comes to how much "crescent" shape is showing.

Thanks for the lecture though buddy, lol.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Just my observation. I don't think it was odd at all for the original poster to request additional pictures being that he was new to iPhone and this particular issue. I feel this forum isn't for making people feel uncomfortable for requesting additional information but for helping them with any issues with the Apple products we all love. Remember the old saying "there is no dumb question".

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Just my observation. I don't think it was odd at all for the original poster to request additional pictures being that he was new to iPhone and this particular issue. I feel this forum isn't for making people feel uncomfortable for requesting additional information but for helping them with any issues with the Apple products we all love. Remember the old saying "there is no dumb question".

And I feel it WAS odd...differing opinions.

The thread was started asking a question that had already been answered in ANOTHER thread...which is why my initial comment was as blunt as it was. The OP received answers and pictures of the issue, but then responds with an odd request to see more of the exact same issue (the pictures all look the same...either slightly out of alignment or majorly out of alignment, and all types have been posted).

Is there a problem with asking that? Not at all...but it is still redundant and odd, and as a fellow forum member, I felt the need to point that out.

Google "Crescent iPhone 6 Camera" and you get tons of results, with tons of pictures of the same issue...and what do you know? They all look the same.

Last edited:

malt1977

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Either way, he got his answer.

It's certainly better than the mindless threads of "what color should I get", "show us your home screen", now those are pointless in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Either way, he got his answer.

It's certainly better than the mindless threads of "what color should I get", "show us your home screen", now those are pointless in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Agreed. I think in this case the OP was new to the issue and was trying to research the problem. He was not aware at the time that most photos of the problem looked very similar. Therefore his request for additional info/photos was not out of the ordinary.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Agreed. I think in this case the OP was new to the issue and was trying to research the problem. He was not aware at the time that most photos of the problem looked very similar. Therefore his request for additional info/photos was not out of the ordinary.

Again, to you they may not have been, but to me they were weird...move on.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Again, to you they may not have been, but to me they were weird...move on.

If by admitting that you feel that someone's question was weird and to make them feel as though on a public forum then you've succeeded. I don't think the reason for this forum is to make people feel like they're asking "weird" questions. It's a place where people should feel comfortable asking questions whether you feel, in your opinion they are "weird" or not.

Last edited:

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Not forgetting that you didn't simply mention once that you thought the request was weird, you posted three times!

Not everyone on this forum has the same opinion or technical background. If someone wants to ask for more photos it's not your "duty" to police the forum and pick holes in their request. There's too many keyboard warriors on here as it is without someone being shot down for asking for photos of an issue they were affected by.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If by admitting that you feel that someone's question was weird and to make them feel as though on a public forum then you've succeeded. I don't think the reason for this forum is to make people feel like they're asking "weird" questions. It's a place where people should feel comfortable asking questions whether you feel, in your opinion they are "weird" or not.

Thankfully posting on this forum doesn't come with a prerequisite to satisfy what you think should or should not be posted.

I didn't attack the guy, I didn't harass him or speak derogatorily at all...I simply asked him if he was expecting to see something different in the pictures (since they literally all look exactly the same)...he responded that they are all "different" (which they are not), so I made the baseball card comment.

And then here you and Darran come parading in on your white horses, capes flying in the wind like a couple of heroes, lol...forgive me for finding humor in both the original direction of this thread and you guys epic stand off you appear to want to have here. It's adorable.

Not forgetting that you didn't simply mention once that you thought the request was weird, you posted three times!

Not everyone on this forum has the same opinion or technical background. If someone wants to ask for more photos it's not your "duty" to police the forum and pick holes in their request. There's too many keyboard warriors on here as it is without someone being shot down for asking for photos of an issue they were affected by.

I never claimed it was my duty, I simply did it because I felt the desire to. Don't like it? Report me, block me or move on...real simple here bud. Nobody "shot down" anyone, I simply offered my opinion that it was odd to ask for pictures of something in the nature he did...don't agree? Fantastic. You've developed your own opinion...want a cookie?

You guys let me know when you're tired or bored of trying to convince me I was "wrong" (or whatever descriptive term you decide to use in this scenario)...I'll be waiting.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Also, just to address this specifically on it's own (since it's completely inaccurate)...perhaps before you try and reference something said, you should read the content of the posts. The first post was a clear and specific answer to his question in the first post.

The 2nd post was simply asking the OP if he was expecting to see something different in the pictures he continued to request, and then pointing out that it had zero effect on the camera's performance. My tone here was most certainly that of someone a bit confused why the request for more pictures was made, but again, it was a simple question.

Quite honestly, the 3rd post I made about collecting baseball cards was the only one I can see why you two are getting your panties in a bunch, and even there, the tone was quite mild and reflective of the OP's responses in the thread (which, quite honestly, were strange, especially since they had no indication he was seeking resolution or repair of his own device).

Either way, just wanted to point that out...since you guys are enjoying yourselves so much here. I think your cape flew into your eyes for a moment and you lost sight as to what you were reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.