Safari scrolling....

samoan joe

May 7, 2015
Visit site
I know exactly what you mean, no matter how fast I flick down the scroll speed is slow and not very responsive on my iPhone 6 Plus running iOS 8.3 compared to my iPad Air 2.

It's like it just moves a small amount no matter how fast you flick in small increments, it seems I have to do LONG swipes in order to get more portions of the page to scroll down or up.

Linked Devices

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
I know exactly what you mean, no matter how fast I flick down the scroll speed is slow and not very responsive on my iPhone 6 Plus running iOS 8.3 compared to my iPad Air 2.

It's like it just moves a small amount no matter how fast you flick in small increments, it seems I have to do LONG swipes in order to get more portions of the page to scroll down or up.

Linked Devices

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
I completely agree. I decided to switch to iPhone and this is one of the most frustrating things trying to adapt. The scrolling on android is just much better calibrated or something the physics is more responsive. It seems like iOS doesn't take into account velocity of flock scrolling only the length. I don't want to have to move my thumb 4 inches to scroll more than an inch at a time.

ThatAdamGuy

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
Heh! Wow. I was wondering exactly the same thing! (I came here from a Google search on something like "slow scrolling on iOS").

I've been using Android for many years (and still love it), but decided that it was time for me to finally at least explore the world of iOS. So now I have both a Nexus 6P (which I've used for about 5 months) and an iPhone 6s+ (for one day!) and I'm convinced these are both beautiful, awesome phones.

As an aside, re my introduction to iOS... I'm finding lots to love and lots to... uh... get used to. :p I'm actually keeping a hugely detailed diary documenting my discoveries and confusions, but still deciding on whether I'll publicly share this or not. I'm a Googler (but not on the Android team) and I don't want my experiences misinterpreted, nor do I want fanboys on either side of the aisle to be all up in arms :D.

The scrolling in Safari is definitely in the latter category (of, um, having to get used to). I joked with a friend that it was like trying to walk through muddy molasses. But like the OP here, I'm clearly just used to Chrome, and perhaps I'll just go ahead and install Chrome on my new iPhone 6s+.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Safari and iOS in general use what Apple calls inertial scrolling (I think) or the rubber band effect. So like if I pushed a ball on a flat surface, it would start out rolling fast and gradually slow down and if it hit a wall (the end of the web page), it would bounce back a bit.

I think the problem the OP (and myself) is experiencing is that Safari is not behaving the way other apps do with the inertial scrolling. My experience is similar to what the OP is describing. I can't ramp up the speed with multiple flicks; which can be done in other stock apps. No matter how much I attempt to scroll the speed never increases and it moves at most on the screen a couple lines at a time and then just stops. There is no inertia build up, rubber banding, or speed increase. It's like Safari is stuck in scrolling first gear.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73