Should I get the 6 or the plus?

I

iMore Question

the 6 or the plus?

I'll be upgrading from the 5s to the 6 next month & im still trying to decide which i want. I've held and played with both the 6 and the plus with and without a case. Sometimes I feel like the plus is ridiculously big,although i understand you get used to it and i feel like the 6 is perfect size wise. I want the 6 because of the size, but i've heard that the battery life isn't that great. While i want the plus for the battery life and to be able to do numerous things on my phone without having to use an ipad or laptop since i have an ipad 3 which is not ideal to carry around all the time, but the drawback for me with the plus could be the size. Thank you for your help

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: the 6 or the plus?

I've used both had the i6 since launch and it's good averaged 4-5 hrs of usage 10-12 hrs of standby. As for my 6+ I can easily get 7-8 hrs of usage and 14-16 hrs of standby. But the battery aside what made me stay with the 6+ is the screen. It's better than the i6 not only size wise but clarity. I don't use a bulky case either I use a apple silicone case and carry AppleCare + so it feels great in the hand. After using this for a few weeks i made the right decision. The bigger keyboard is a added bonus to lol!

Sent from my  Iphone 6 plus 

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

The size of the iPhone 6 Plus is arguably shocking when you first see it, especially if you had been using a 4-inch or smaller device. I had second thoughts about getting it at first and briefly considered the iPhone 6 instead. Now, however, I'm glad I went ahead and got the iPhone 6 Plus. It's size is just "normal" to me now. The battery life is awesome, but then again, I've always gotten great battery life from the iPhones I've had over the years. As for what device you should get, that's on you. From what I gather, you've all but made up your mind to get the iPhone 6. If that's what you really want, go get it, and don't waste your time and energy worrying about what others are using.

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site

Think of it this way:

If you like using your device one handed then you should stick with the 6.
If you like using landscape mode or don't mind having to use both hands frequently but want the extra real-estate, then 6 Plus.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Think of it this way:

If you like using your device one handed then you should stick with the 6.
If you like using landscape mode or don't mind having to use both hands frequently but want the extra real-estate, then 6 Plus.

Really no comparison between the 2 the 6+ still isn't bad size wise if you use a low profile case. The better battery, better screen and ois on the camera is well worth it.The + is a better phone all the way around.

Sent from my  Iphone 6 plus 

missjobs

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site

the iphone 6 plus doesn't feel as big once you get used to it and it fits in most pockets nicely

My recommendation would be the 6 plus

Everybody wants a bigger screen these days, i reckon Apple will also start making bigger tablets this year as well

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site

I know there are users that report that the iPhone 6 does not get the great of battery life, but when I had the 6, I was able to get through a 10.5 hour work shift with moderate usage, and I still would leave work with anywhere from 80-90% depending on the day. I loved the 6, but the size is what ultimately made me switch to the 6 plus. I wanted to try the larger device after having the chance to check out several friends iPhone 6+ devices. I fell in love with in.

I do love the form factor of the iPhone 6+ more than I liked the 6, and I am really glad I decided to make the switch after 4 months. It is an awesome device, and you really do get used to the size. The only problem would be fitting it into your pocket, but I don't even pocket my cellphone anymore, so for me that is never an issue.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site

That is, as they say, a personal question.

I just upgraded from an iPhone 5 to an iPhone 6 last weekend. For me, one of the deciding factors was the cost difference, the 6+ is $100 more for the same storage capacity or another $5 or $10 more per week with Verizon Edge, which put the total cost out of my budget.

Also, while I'm sure I could get used to the larger size, the size of the 6 is, for me, the perfect size phone.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site

It all depends on what YOU want. The battery is better on the 6+, but I haven't had any problems getting through even 30+ hours on my 6.

If I had to choose right now which phone I wanted though, I'd go with the 6+. I really wish I would've went with the bigger screen, but the 6 will do for me.

You really can't go wrong with either phone though :)

redsharktibby

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site

Coming from an iPhone 4S, my brother's girlfriend's iPhone 6 Plus seemed awkward and too big in my hand(s) when I asked her if I could test it out, so that's why I went with the 6. As others have stated, do what is best for you. iPhone 6 has more than enough battery life to get me through the day due to me being a light user, as I stay fairly busy without using my iPhone. (I get about 8 hours of screen time when I do a full cycle charge once a month) Others however, are heavy users and demand a lot more battery life out of their devices. So in conclusion, if you're the type who uses their phone a lot and 7 1/2-8 hours just won't cut it for you, and you can live with a 5.5" screen, then go for the 6 Plus. Both are really great phones, but the only things setting them apart are the screen size, battery life, native landscape mode on the home screen, mail, messages app, etc, and stabilization when taking video. Do what's best for you. That's my .02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Plus has better camera. Easier to use keyboard. Better battery life.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Miska Hietala

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site

If I have understood correct, the ois found in 6+ has best benefit in video. Picture quality is almost the same. Battery life is better in the 6+ and they keyboard is just as good as it is on 6.
As mentioned earlier, ask yourself what kind of user you are and then decide which one is more suitable in your lifestyle and usage.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
If I have understood correct, the ois found in 6+ has best benefit in video. Picture quality is almost the same. Battery life is better in the 6+ and they keyboard is just as good as it is on 6.
As mentioned earlier, ask yourself what kind of user you are and then decide which one is more suitable in your lifestyle and usage.

The main differences between the 6 and 6 plus are clearly defined, yet I think the degree they are noticeable is subjective.
Having had both the 6 and 6 plus, I found the difference in screen quality to be negligible at best. Even while purposely looking at both side by side. Meanwhile others find the difference to be very noticeable.
OIS, again is measurable yet I found little to no difference in ideal conditions. In low light, I did find pics taken by the 6 plus to be better, but not by as much as I would have suspected or hoped.
Battery is clearly better on the 6 plus. That is to be expected when you can cram that much larger of a battery into the phone.
Keyboard in portrait mode is the same on both devices if I recall. It has more options in landscape on the 6 plus and while having additional options is clear, I think finding it easier to use is again subjective.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73