How is iphone price drop after one mounth using?

Dr Noon

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi friends.
How iphone price drop after one mounth using in your area?
Used Iphone price drop in areas that i was after one mounth:
France: 20 percent
Germany: 30 percent
Middle east: 15 percent
Brasil: 30 percent
Chicago: 15 percent

And compare with android phones price drop after one mounth using..

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Wow those are some pretty precise numbers! My very unofficial expierence having owned, iOS, Android, BlackBerry, and Windows devices, is that iOS devices hold their value the best. Android device initially hold value, BUT since they turn over so quickly, they do drop more dramatically later in their life cycle. BlackBerry and Windows devices have a VERY small window to hold value, and drop rather dramatically rather quickly. Hold on to a BB on Windows phone for a year or two and then you got a paper weight. ;). (I'm exaggerating a little)

Dr Noon

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Wow those are some pretty precise numbers! My very unofficial expierence having owned, iOS, Android, BlackBerry, and Windows devices, is that iOS devices hold their value the best. Android device initially hold value, BUT since they turn over so quickly, they do drop more dramatically later in their life cycle. BlackBerry and Windows devices have a VERY small window to hold value, and drop rather dramatically rather quickly. Hold on to a BB on Windows phone for a year or two and then you got a paper weight. ;). (I'm exaggerating a little)

Yeah.
I agree. In many countries that i was , iphone known as luxury phone. And rich people have iphone. One of reasons that iphone can hold value maybe is that..
And Apple each year produce only a phone.. This is another reason..
Iphones can hold their quality for many years and get ios updates..

Rishi Desai

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Used my phone without a case for 24 hours. I have a tempered glass on there but was just too scared of scratching up my $700+ investment.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Just curious where you're getting your depreciation % numbers...because I'm not seeing that kind of price drop here in the states whatsoever, and I can't imagine it being THAT much different in other countries, especially in some of those where demand is still pretty high for them.

Right now on eBay (which is a pretty good representation of market value in the U.S.), a used unlocked iPhone 6 64GB is going for $650-$700 depending on color. A brand new iPhone 6 from Apple is $749...so using the magic of math, depreciation at WORST is 12-15%, and at best is 5-7%.

The numbers you're listing there seem awfully unbelievable. There's no way people are seeing consistent 25-30% depreciation on the latest model iPhones. You're probably either seeing %'s that are based on very small sample sizes or those numbers are just BS.

Dr Noon

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Just curious where you're getting your depreciation % numbers...because I'm not seeing that kind of price drop here in the states whatsoever, and I can't imagine it being THAT much different in other countries, especially in some of those where demand is still pretty high for them.

Right now on eBay (which is a pretty good representation of market value in the U.S.), a used unlocked iPhone 6 64GB is going for $650-$700 depending on color. A brand new iPhone 6 from Apple is $749...so using the magic of math, depreciation at WORST is 12-15%, and at best is 5-7%.

The numbers you're listing there seem awfully unbelievable. There's no way people are seeing consistent 25-30% depreciation on the latest model iPhones. You're probably either seeing %'s that are based on very small sample sizes or those numbers are just BS.

Tnx . In middle east , east Europa and Africa , sellers write a wonderful law between each other.. They never buy any iphone after a week more than 70 percent of new model price.. I have seen this matter many times..
But as you said, 10 percent price drop is usual ..

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Seriously, iPhones have amazing resale value, along with an other Apple products. My friend recently picked up an OG iPad and it cost him $175 I believe. What other 5 year old piece of used electronics sell for that much?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Seriously, iPhones have amazing resale value, along with an other Apple products. My friend recently picked up an OG iPad and it cost him $175 I believe. What other 5 year old piece of used electronics sell for that much?

NOTHING! Want my old BB Playbook, I'll pay YOU to take it!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Tnx . In middle east , east Europa and Africa , sellers write a wonderful law between each other.. They never buy any iphone after a week more than 70 percent of new model price.. I have seen this matter many times..
But as you said, 10 percent price drop is usual ..

Again, I ask where you're getting your numbers...I just looked at a few asian market and european market sites for resale and I'm seeing almost identical depreciation %'s as the US (which is what I've seen for years and years).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234