Using the iPhone 6 without any case/cover?

Targaryen007

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I've read the article iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus review: Six months later recently... and I noticed Allyson Kazmucha's comment;

"I seldom uses cases. If I do they're super thin ones. That being said, neither my iPhone 6 or 6 Plus show any signs of wear. I'm careful with them but I don't hold them with kid gloves either. And don't get me started on bendgate. Yes metal bends when you try hard enough. Go away."

- As an iPhone 6 user myself, I'm very cautious about scratches and stuff... therefore I always use a case for protection.
However, I would love to be able to use my iPhone 6 without a case, as I have been doing at the time when I had a 4S, about 4 years ago.
But, of course I don't want to have my iPhone 6 all scratched up!!
I always use my electronics with a lot of care, I store my phone in the front pocket of my trousers (of course without any carkeys), and have never dropped my iPhone ever since I had an 4S, about 4 years ago.

So other than putting the phone on its back on the table, I'm very careful.
-----------

Can anyone confirm that it's safe for me to start using my iPhone 6 without a case or any other cover??

jayk82

Trusted Member
Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Been using my 6 without a cover for a few weeks now. Still looking brand new.

Sent from my  iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If you're using a case just to protect the phone from scuffs and such that it could easily get, then you may as well take the case off. The phone doesn't easily scuff or scratch.

However if you're using it because the phone is slippery without one, keep the case on. I've used iPhones as they are since the 3GS and the 6 and 6 Plus have caused me to use a leather case way more than I ever want to use them due to the fact that they're just more slippery in my hand than previous generations.

iDrizzy01

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Yes quite possible. Have been using mine for months, my brother never dropped his phone, and most of my friends. It's all about discipline, you have to cultivate the habit then get used to it. In my own case,i have a tempered glass on my phone and I ALWAYS put it face down.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
The only reason my 6+ scuffed without a case is because it fell off my lap out of my car and onto rocks. Other than that, I have dropped it a few times without a case and have seen no issues with it.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Love going naked every time I buy a case I can't stand to use it and then I get rid of it haha. For example I bought a BookBook used it for a month and then took it off haha.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

EchoOne30

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
I have tried to go caseless but it is just too slippery. I have a folio case I got from a kiosk after getting the phone, but it's cheapness is showing and it's coming apart already so I'll be getting a new one.

If you read up on it though, these things are engineered to not need a case. It already comes with a protective shell ;)

Like someone above said, if you're using a case to avoid scuffs, you might as well not use it. It's designed to withstand daily wear and use. I just wish it was more grippy, as it is a delight to hold and use on its own. It's a shame to keep it in a case all the time.

anon8656116

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I bought a leather sleeve and use it when I carry my iPhone around, and I take it out when I want to use it. It also helps keeping some of the fingerprints off the screen.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Been using the otterbox commuter. VZW now sells all the parts so you can mix and match.

The only thing I don't like about the commuter case is the exposed logo. The one on my 5s got scratched. So I'm using the Symmetry now.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I don't like about the commuter case is the exposed logo. The one on my 5s got scratched. So I'm using the Symmetry now.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Gotcha, doesn't bother me if the back of the phone gets scratched. Builds character lol.

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
I work in construction so a case is a must. All set damaging an expensive phone. I have a Lifeproof case and even then I keep that inside a plastic ziploc freezer bag to keep the case from getting messed up. Overprotective maybe, but work can be rough. I'm still wondering if case does it's full job. I've noticed spots under the screen protector that make it look like something got inside, but I don't think so.

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
I've used every iPhone including the 6 without a case. I've never seen any sense in buying a well designed, thin phone and then bulking it up. I carry my iPhone is a pocket with no ther objects that can damage it (e.g. Keys, coins, etc) and it looks like new. I also always sell my used iPhones nd get good money for them when I upgrade annually. Now I am very careful with my phone.
A heavy duty case like an Otterbox makes good sense for those who work in harsh environments or just are not careful with their phones. I use a Kenu Highline which combines a shell case and tether when I ski or hike. I also use a waterproof case when I have the opportunity to get out on a boat.

vLeo

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I've gone most of the life of the 6 and 6+ with no case. I use a screen protector on front and back and that's more than enough for me. I can't stand the dust that collects from the use of cases over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods