Your Opinion: Clone Cases

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I've been really looking into iPhone cases on Amazon because I'm vain and need 50 different ones for every situation when I started noticing a lot of very similar cases under many different names. take this poorly edited pic for example
ascasc.png
Trianium Atomic S iPhone 6 Battery Case
Alpatronix BX140 Ultra-Slim Protective Extended iPhone 6 Charging Case
1byone iPhone 6 Battery Charger Case

The cases are pretty much identical while seemingly offering the same battery life but vary wildly in price. I've started to really question where I should be putting my money when there's no clear winner. Go with the cheapest hoping the battery won't crap out within 2 months? Get the most expensive hoping that it will be the clear winner in quality?

This is where I come to you all and ask for opinions. If you buy cases on Amazon, have you run into this? How do you normally go about picking the best one for you?

cyberpaw

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Whatever case I buy and wherever I buy it, I look at the amount and quality of the reviews on both their site, YouTube, etc.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I really stick to the OG brands rather than knock offs, just because I know it is a company I can trust. If those cloned cases have good reviews and seem to be good, I don't see a problem with buying them.

50ShadesofDroidx

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
I really stick to the OG brands rather than knock offs, just because I know it is a company I can trust. If those cloned cases have good reviews and seem to be good, I don't see a problem with buying them.

Exacty this. Why not go with a cheaper alternative if the reviews say it's good.

Peng Bob

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Do they offer 7 days return guarantee? If yes, pick one and try, because we've got no way to measure the battery life by photo or description, unless we use it for a while, and check how long will it last after a full charge.

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Thanks a lot for the good range of opinions. I've been confused by this for long time now as to why companies like Mophie are charging $99 for a case that has less mAh overall and it seems the major factor is just being a name brand company. I guess the same can be said for Otterbox and the knock off cases that mimic them too. But if I'm saving up to $40 getting anything from Amazon, I gotta go with it.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Cases are cases. But to me a battery case is different. It hooks up to the battery in your phone. In not going to get a knock off battery case and save a few bucks and fry a $1000 phone. To me you get what you pay for. I have had mophies go bad. I emailed them and they replaced it, done.

Cap_172R

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
It all depends on what you want and hope to achieve from the case itself. I only buy the brands i like and never knock-offs of the original. However, i've had cases e.g. bumper cases from amazon that worked quite well... for the job intended (gives added grip and allows the phone to sit flat and not the the back or front of the device rub against the surface it's on.

That being said, for good protection like bump and shock absorption or accidental drops buy the original, the knock-off won't be the same. My daily case is the apple leather case. It protects the back of the device from scratches etc and doesn't add too much bulk. That's my concern so it does the job!

Goodluck with choosing your case.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711