You want a thicker and heavier iPhone 6 to get a thicker battery in there? Really?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm a nexus 6 owner and an ipad mini owner plus a ridiculous number of other devices. I don't care what device it is. If I can get more battery life by giving up an oz or two of weight and a mm or less of depth...seriously? I have work to get done and a mobile computer that needs to keep up. This whole argument is ridiculous. Its a fanboy thing.

Posted via the iMore App for Android
The iPhone keeps up just fine. There are people that I know in lines of work in which the phone is literally their livelihood. They get along just fine with an iPhone the way it is. It's not a fan boy thing. It's a people will b*tch one way or the other thing and I prefer the lightness of the iphone over getting a little extra juice out of the battery thing.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
The people saying "we don't want thicker" are probably the same ones who said they never wanted an iPhone with a larger screen. You don't want it until its available and no reason apple couldn't have made it a mm or two thicker (not huge like some of you are claiming) which would have eliminated the camera bump while also giving room for a larger battery.

jakdillard

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
If they made a bigger battery then some would say the megapixels in the camera should be greater then it would be the top bezel should be smaller then it would be the home button should be smaller so the bottom bezel matches the top then it would be the antenna line should match the screen color

I made that sentence incomplete on purpose.

apcman

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I would actually like a little thicker phone. It would be better if course I have larger hands, but this race to the thinnest possible is nuts. A thicker phone feels better in the hands then the super think device. I think the phone without a case feels worse than with a case. Would anyone not buy the next iPhone if it was as thick as the 5 or 5s and could squeeze in a 1 or 2 more in talk time. People would not even notice the extra bulk if it resulted in amazing battery life. If Tim Cook mentioned that on stage and gave amazing battery specs people in my opinion would be thrilled.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
If they made a bigger battery then some would say the megapixels in the camera should be greater then it would be the top bezel should be smaller then it would be the home button should be smaller so the bottom bezel matches the top then it would be the antenna line should match the screen color

I made that sentence incomplete on purpose.

eh thats what people say every year regardless. FAIL.....

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
The iPhone keeps up just fine. There are people that I know in lines of work in which the phone is literally their livelihood. They get along just fine with an iPhone the way it is. It's not a fan boy thing. It's a people will b*tch one way or the other thing and I prefer the lightness of the iphone over getting a little extra juice out of the battery thing.

You'd have to define just fine and then explain why better wouldn't be better. I don't care a lick about thin.

hatchettjack

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
Something like this, with a 6 inch screen, massive battery and a real antenna! That's how I would design my perfect iPhone!
6f6c1e67aa36b238bbd86c6fd9e3b3e9.jpg

Sent from my  6+

SmartFah

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
People will always find something to complain about. The iPhone 6 has better battery life than all previous iPhones. Rather than appreciate the improved battery life, people want to complain that it's still not enough.

If battery life is really an issue, there's always the 6+. I have yet to hear someone with a 6+ complain about battery life.

I have the Plus, and the battery life is insane! The 6+ definitely does not need a thicker battery.

denzilla

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
Given the thickness of the 5s, i don't think anyone would've complained if Apple had released a slightly thicker iPhone 6 because it would've still been thinner.

Last edited:

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
People will always find something to complain about. The iPhone 6 has better battery life than all previous iPhones. Rather than appreciate the improved battery life, people want to complain that it's still not enough.

If battery life is really an issue, there's always the 6+. I have yet to hear someone with a 6+ complain about battery life.

I have the Plus, and the battery life is insane! The 6+ definitely does not need a thicker battery.

Sometimes when people complain its legitimate. Crazy right? People also will always rationalize spending close to a $1,000 on something offered for $400 because they spent too much for it.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Sometimes when people complain its legitimate. Crazy right? People also will always rationalize spending close to a $1,000 on something offered for $400 because they spent too much for it.

So what if they do? It's their money. Not yours.

thebizz

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Wow a phone doesn't have to be as thick as an iPhone 4-4s to have a larger battery. I love the thinness of this phone. Omg it feels amazing in hand. Apple did an amazing job when designing this phone. But when I look at two devices that are both around the same size and thinner than the iPhone, both with larger capacity batteries it makes you look and say wow Apple could have done more. In my opinion the design wouldn't have changed much if they offered a 2100mah battery in this iPhone 6. I won't speak on the 6+ because I don't own it. But in my opinion Apple gave us just enough. The same way they kept one gig of ram, because it's just enough. Then again I came from a oneplus one so a larger or thicker phone isn't a problem with me.

denzilla

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm wondering how much thicker the 6 would've had to be to house the same MAH battery as the 6plus? The biggest short comings of any smart phone these days is the battery drain from using the GPS and Internet activity.

thebizz

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
It would have to be very thick to house that battery. Honestly I wouldn't want the iPhone 6 any thicker than the camera lens. Had they made it flush all my design gripes would be solved.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

Oh my 6 Plus sucks because I can't get 10 days of battery life.

Shahzad Ghani

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
I am getting decent battery on my gold iphone 6 factory unlocked! I do not consider battery juice packs are needed though i am considering a battery bank of 2 amp output incase! ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1425456774.111767.jpg