Something Andoid/WP do better...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Apple will stick what it's doing not,only because it works... They have the patents on it... Those other buttons would have to be licensed from the competition... So y'all that are pining away for Apple to change... Guess what... It ain't gonna happen. :)

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Apple will stick what it's doing not,only because it works... They have the patents on it... Those other buttons would have to be licensed from the competition... So y'all that are pining away for Apple to change... Guess what... It ain't gonna happen. :)

They will change if they feel there is a demand. Just like the larger screen. Apple fans were adamant that a 4" screen was perfectly fine. Then they all scrambled to buy the larger screens when they were released.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

denzilla

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
So you posted your thoughts on the matter, and now you don't want anyone else posting theirs. At all? Or just in "your" thread?

You have stated several times that you don't want to argue, yet you continue to argue/lobby for your viewpoint. See, that's kind of the point of a "discussion" forum. You have your say. Others have theirs.

Now you want to just make it all go away? Again, that's not really how it works.

And to answer your question ("wondered if others felt the same"), apparently not many do. But again, you are entitled to your opinion. And others are entitled to either agree or disagree.

I got no problem with your or anyone else's opinion. That's kinda why I posted the thread. I'm fine with the thread sticking around. I shouldn't have put that last line in my previous post. It's just the more I read kch's posts, the more I feel like he's trying to bait me into some sort of pissing match and it's well.....pissing me off.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I've known Keith here for quite a while. It's not my place to speak for him. But I don't think he's baiting you or anyone else into anything.

If it bugs you that much, be the bigger man and just walk away. Self control.

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1 - you know, the version BEFORE they totally borked the app.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Some of us are more deliberate with the delivery of our opinions here. No one (the regulars) aren't trying to bait you into anything. We just believe in having challenging discussion and debates here. And sometimes a "the way it is is fine" is answer enough for things that aren't worth debating.

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I agree with the OP. If the home button goes/is reduced in size/shape changed/moved to the side, atleast the bezel size can be maximised efficiently. I don't quite fancy the empty bezel blocks staring back at me and big enough to decorate with smileys and hello kitty stickers.
Or they could put it to use by having a clock display, date display, mini notifier, etc on the bezel.

sydneycooper1979

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Just a couple of things I like from android and wp that I would like to see on the iPhone: Siri to function more like google now or cortana. Both google now and cortana are just damn helpful and well integrated into the OS. Siri is ok, just needs a little work IMO. I would also like to be able to set default apps---at least my maps. And one last thing physically I would love smaller bezels. So maybe we could have a bigger screen on the same sized device. That is something that several other manufacturers get right. Mostly I love my iPhone, but if they changed these few things, I would be hard pressed to find a reason to jump back and forth between other OSs.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Some of the wishes about 'why can't the iPhone be more like android' seem to me to be like being nonplussed that your new Chevy car doesn't have a Ford Sync system in it... Baffling.

jakdillard

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
I agree with the OP. If the home button goes/is reduced in size/shape changed/moved to the side, atleast the bezel size can be maximised efficiently. I don't quite fancy the empty bezel blocks staring back at me and big enough to decorate with smileys and hello kitty stickers.
Or they could put it to use by having a clock display, date display, mini notifier, etc on the bezel.

What !!!!

sydneycooper1979

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Well the entire point of the thread are things that you think android or wp do better. All of us are generally happy with our iPhones or we wouldn't own them. If you don't wish for anything to be different, why comment on this thread?

sydneycooper1979

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Not at all. You find it baffling that people like some things about other OSs and wish there was a way to combine them and I find it baffling that someone who is completely satisfied with their device would even waste their time in this thread.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm completely satisfied with my iPhone and I choose to post in this thread because I don't believe that Android or WP does anything better. That's my opinion.
Why would someone buy anything this expensive and not be completely satisfied with it. This I do not understand.
If I'm not completely satisfied with a $849 anything I'm returning it and not wishing it was something else.
Those who aren't completely satisfied with their iPhone may want to reconsider their purchase.
It's quite possible those users need to change not the device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon8656116

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Why would someone buy anything this expensive and not be completely satisfied with it. This I do not understand.
If I'm not completely satisfied with a $849 anything I'm returning it and not wishing it was something else.
Those who aren't completely satisfied with their iPhone may want to reconsider their purchase.
It's quite possible those users need to change not the device.

It isn’t always a binary choice. Choosing a smartphone is often a balance between things you like and things you don’t. You may really like that one feature of Windows Phone or Android, but it’s not worth switching to these platforms. You might not be 100% satisfied with iPhone, but only for about 90%. That’s still a clear preference for iPhone, but not complete satisfaction. Apple does sometimes respond to user feedback as well, which is why such discussions may have some merit.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Apple does sometimes respond to user feedback as well, which is why such discussions may have some merit.
Apple - Feedback maybe... or in an email to an Apple exec... there are a few here who've had success in getting issues addressed that way... but general forum discussions here? Apple has their own forums to mine for issues to look at before looking here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro