How do you sync your iPhone?

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Sync is Apps and multimedia files... Backups are settings, documents, app data, photos. I believe Backups are the same data to iCloud and iTunes on computer.

This is what I was wondering as well. I was under the impression that an iTunes backup backed up the entire phone as s carbon copy. And that iCloud backup only backed up certainty things..

Janey_G

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
This is what I was wondering as well. I was under the impression that an iTunes backup backed up the entire phone as s carbon copy. And that iCloud backup only backed up certainty things..

I thought this as well.

My phone does a backup to iCloud on its own and I do an occasional hookup to iTunes through my laptop. I also have a Time Capsule which keeps everything.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Back up to both. Should never have a single point of failure.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
iTunes and iCloud include the same things. Neither backs up the apps themselves. Just data associated with those apps unless the developer has marked that data to not be backed up (like cached documents from Dropbox which can be retrieved again later). So photos in your camera roll, messages, app data, etc are the things that are backed up whether it is iTunes or iCloud.

I see the apps I have on iTunes. When I do a restore (starting with the phone as new) from there it loads my apps. Isn't that backing them up?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I see the apps I have on iTunes. When I do a restore (starting with the phone as new) from there it loads my apps. Isn't that backing them up?

It's just copying the apps from your phone to your computer so that in the event you do a restore on iTunes, iCloud won't actually have to pull the apps from the App Store using bandwidth like a restore on iCloud does.

sam00

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
icloud is so ridiculously slow, last time I remember when I did a restore took like 9hrs to restore like 4GB data. On a Pc restore took 20 minutes.

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Both but I prefer having my Apps on my computer this way I control my Apps and media, especially after hearing from many people that Apple took down Apps they owned from the App Store, also there are new complaints of People who paid for Apps then the App disappeared for a week from the App Store and when it came back it was under a different developer name and they couldn't install without paying again so not to get into a weird situation like that I bought a 3Tera external hard drive, got my iTunes running on it perfectly.
Also restoring from the iCloud backup is only possible after doing a complete restore on your iDevice but with iTunes no restoring of the device needed for restoring any of the backups that you got saved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow 3 T ?? How many percentage have u used ? ;)

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Mac Mini, PC and iCloud at least three times a week, also super-duper clone HD twice a week. Never can have enough backups. Oh yea, don’t forget Time Machine running full time.

CrownIsle

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
I have done it with iTunes as my first iPhone, all seems ok- though as i have read, that backup for some reason doesn't include the backup of "notes" sadly enough.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
iTunes cause it's way faster than iCloud for me. I still use iCloud to backup my contacts though.

Sent from my jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 6 or Surface 2 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox