Which browser do you use and why?

truenorthstrong

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Which browser do you use and why? Since the latest iOS update Safari has been draining my battery like crazy. Time to look for a new browser. I heard Dolphin is a great one, but are there any privacy concerns...

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Browser

I use safari never had any issues with it. I tried chrome and it was just so slow. Nerve tried dolphin but I've heard good things about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

Which browser do you use and why? Since the latest iOS update Safari has been draining my battery like crazy. Time to look for a new browser. I heard Dolphin is a great one, but are there any privacy concerns...

I can't use safari. It's too slow. Chrome on iOS isn't much better. Maybe dolphin? I haven't tried it. I was going to look for Firefox next time I use my iPad mini but for now one of the kids has taken it.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I only use Safari on my iPhone, and I use it daily without any issues and it does not affect my battery at all from what I can tell, thankfully...;)

Nathan Bael

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site

I mainly use safari for day to day browsing. I also use chrome. I have a specific browser I use for private browsing as well, which is AtomicWeb. I sometimes use iCabMobile, though rarely. I like the ability of some browsers to set my user agent. I prefer to identify as safari for iPad than safari for iPhone a lot of the time.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Safari on my iP 5 does load slow. But otherwise does ok. I also use Puffin free. The Puffin Browser is actually a nice browser. And it can do Flash. But I like how it presents full or desktop views of sites.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

I can't use safari. It's too slow. Chrome on iOS isn't much better. Maybe dolphin? I haven't tried it. I was going to look for Firefox next time I use my iPad mini but for now one of the kids has taken it.

Interesting, considering it's been tested and graded as one of the fastest smart phone browsers available...what exactly are you claiming is "too slow"about it?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Browser

I use Safari most of the time sometimes Chrome. No current issues with Safari. Not slow in my opinion no unusual battery drain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

Interesting, considering it's been tested and graded as one of the fastest smart phone browsers available...what exactly are you claiming is "too slow"about it?

Loading web pages. What else would a browser be slow at?

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site

I use Safari and haven't had any problems with excessive battery drain or delay in loading pages.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Loading web pages. What else would a browser be slow at?

Browsers have several features aside from basic loading of web pages.

You maintained that it was too slow to use, so given the fact that it's regularly reported as one of the best and fastest browsers, and you're the only one reporting the issue, I figured I would ask you what specifically was "too slow" for you.

Your response told me everything I needed to know though...maybe someone will build you a one off browser since you seem to be the only one having trouble.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Browser

I have iCloud Keychain enabled for passwords. So I have been using Safari, it works fine with no issues.
I also use the Chrome browser. Some websites do not support Safari, like National Grid, for example.

Last edited:

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site

I use Safari but it doesn't load imore properly for some reason (its white and black and isn't rendering correctly) so I've tried to use mercury (closest in design to safari) but it was too slow for me. I am going to try chrome since its the next best thing and I already use some google services.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site

I use Dolphin, think it's great. Fast access too bookmarks, just swipe. Use Dolphin on my iPhone and Android. Just log in with my google account and all my Bookmarks are synced.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

Browsers have several features aside from basic loading of web pages.

You maintained that it was too slow to use, so given the fact that it's regularly reported as one of the best and fastest browsers, and you're the only one reporting the issue, I figured I would ask you what specifically was "too slow" for you.

Your response told me everything I needed to know though...maybe someone will build you a one off browser since you seem to be the only one having trouble.

I don't see why this should upset you so much. If you like safari you should use it. It's not a big deal. I only use my browser to browse the web so that's what I like it to be fast at.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox