Home Button Clickiness

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Ok yet another home button question. :p

So I have had my 6 for 3+ months and it always clicked louder than the 5s but worked just the same.

For the last couple of days if I am more to the right it sounds almost gritty and no change on the left.

Anyone else having any issues with the Home button?

Did something actually get in there? Is there a way to clean it or should I just leave it alone?

The Apple Store is a distance from me and rather inconvenient. I would only do the trip if there are no other alternatives.

Thanks much for any and all help :)

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
No I haven't. I will give that a try when I get home.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've yet to notice any loud clicking sound with the home button if my iPhone 6 Plus, but I've never any home button issue with any of the iPhones I've had.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
The only way I can hear my home button on the 6 Plus or my 5S is to hold it up to my ear in a completely quiet room. Same on on any iPhone I've had.

DX9

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
My 6 clicks a little louder then previous phones. I couldn't care less actually. It's just a phone. The button works great :)

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
My first thought was lint. Have you tried blowing it out with air?

All right, I cleaned it out and although I didn't see any lint, dirt etc the grittiness appears to be gone.

I am keeping my fingers crossed though since it was an intermittent problem.

Thanks much for your help. :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
All right, I cleaned it out and although I didn't see any lint, dirt etc the grittiness appears to be gone.

Excellent. Now go and buy a box of lense wipe from Walgreens and use them to keep your display, camera lens and home button clean...;)

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

Glad to hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Excellent. Now go and buy a box of lense wipe from Walgreens and use them to keep your display, camera lens and home button clean...;)

Lol, good idea but I won't need to buy any lens cleaning supplies, just lift them from hubby's photography accessories.

Where do you think I got the blower brush that I used? :D

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't think so but it seems a little bit of lint can get anywhere and sometimes just causes weird problems.

misanthropic

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I have this problem with the iPhone 6 plus since the day i got it (7 oct). Loud home buttton and kinda stiff. I tried cleaning the button with rubbing alcohol...but that made no difference. I went to the store were i purchase it and they ran a series of diagnostics and they told me the phone is ok... As a matter of fact they had on display an iPhone 6 and a 6+ which had the same issue.
I ve browsed the internet for some feedback and the Apple forums are full of people complaining about this problem. Some say its normal because of the touch id... I really don't know what to believe.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for posting your experience. I don't believe it is due to the Touch ID. My 5s with TD was perfect from Day 1.

My Air 2 Home button feel was soft and mushy and I exchanged it. The replacement one is like my 5s and doesn't sound anything like my 6.

I have kind of decided to ignore it as long as it works and also hoping it will work until the time comes to get a new one. :)

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

misanthropic

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I will try the same thing as you. Hope you're right and the phone will work for atleast 2 years. Can't upgrade to the 6s plus because of my carrier plan.

Have a nice day.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh