Apple store or At&t to buy the iPhone 6?

beezlebubz

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Hey Apple peeps! I been going back an forth from android to apple and apple to android and finally made up my mind. I gave the Lg G3 a go for 12 days and couldnt get use to it. It had nice features and screen was nice but too big and had too many steps compared to apple iphones. I been using a 4S for the longest and am deciding the 6 will be my final choice.

My question is, is it better to go through Apple store or through At&t to upgrade to the 6? Any pros or cons like with added or missing apps etc? Or is it all the same thing?

Let me know where you guys upgraded your iphone 6 from? Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Either is fine. Also, you'll still be able to go to the Apple Store to get it swapped out or repaired, if necessary. In regard to apps, there's no advantage or disadvantage in regard to where you purchase the device.

Saukrateaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: Apple store or At&t to buy the iPhone 6?

the price will be the same regardless of which location you choose. Cant go wrong with apple store though, can get accessories while youre there.

beezlebubz

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for the info! Regards to the apps, i'll still get imovie,garageband etc preinstalled correct?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the info! Regards to the apps, i'll still get imovie,garageband etc preinstalled correct?

If those apps are not installed when you set it up, they should be available to you in the App Store as free downloads.

apcman

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I would go to the Apple Store. If you have problems the Apple Store is usually more helpful and can find a way to make you whole. I had problems and I bought it through ATT. I had problems and ATT said tough.

beezlebubz

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I'll go ahead and get it through Apple and hopefully i dont get a dud like i have read some people getting which their got real hot or the front camera had the half moon effect due to the lens moving or sliding.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I'll go ahead and get it through Apple and hopefully i dont get a dud like i have read some people getting which their got real hot or the front camera had the half moon effect due to the lens moving or sliding.

On behalf of those who responded, you're very welcome...;)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
To be honest, buying the iPhone isn't as much a big deal as service AFTER the purchase...in regards to that, the Apple Store is the ONLY option I feel is worth while, just based on the headaches I've read about when trying to get service for an iPhone through a carrier.

I personally like to do all business through the Apple store myself, but I don't think the point of sale is really that huge of a deal outside of the pre-ordering process, where I wouldn't deal with the carriers with a 10-foot pole.

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Agree with all the other posts here and would like to add that currently it also matters how you intend to actally pay for the phone.

Many of the carriers are offering payment options that cannot be accomplished at a brick and mortar Apple store.

EasyPay, FlexPay, Leasing, Financing etc... Are only available at the carrier.

With re: to accessories. I find the actuall Apple store pricey.

Example I grabbed a cover for my Macbook Air at Best Buy that was cheaper than the same cover at the Apple store.

I go to the Grand Central Apple store for classes and the genius bar, but I can't think of the last time I actually purchased an Apple product at an actual store.

Yes I can! My 1st Gen iPad was nabbed at the Lincoln Center Apple store in Dec of 2010. Can't recall anything since then.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I would say try a Best Buy or Sam's Club, etc. because they have sales; but both AT&T and the store would be great. I love going to the Apple Store though.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

For ordering on the first day I was happy I went through the Apple Store online. But to purchase after that either is fine. You can always be certain that you can get support at an Apple Store if needed.

For accessories I go to a Best Buy or Amazon.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site

I've either bought my iPhones and iPads directly from Apple or at the local Apple store. The only problem I had was with my wife's iPhone 6 and that was because she wasn't eligible for an upgrade yet and we used another line on her account for the upgrade. It wasn't the Apple store's fault but the problem was with Verizon and their poor customer service.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site

I bought the plus online through Apple (at launch), and my iP5 before that through an Apple Store. The 3-4 before that were through the carrier. Really not much of a difference in terms of having a fully functioning device, but I prefer going through Apple now just because I don't have to listen to the carrier reps trying to talk me into an Android or other phone on which they get a better margin or higher commission. Also, I just think the Apple people know more about their devices then most carrier reps. I can also purchase the AppleCare+ at the same time (for some reason, I couldn't the last time I tried to buy an iPhone at the carrier store), so that's one less trip. Also, the Apple Store is just fun to walk around and play with all the demo devices (but obviously this has nothing to do with the actual purchase of the phone). For any post-sale support, I always go through Apple. I find the carrier support to be lacking in most regards.

beezlebubz

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site

Just got my iPhone 6! I must say i love how it feels in the hand. Reminds me of the ipod touch cause of how slim it is. Coming from a 4S im pretty much satisfied.

I do have a question, i ordered it online an it came delivered in the mail. The weather is cold so the phone was as well when i unboxed it. Does that have a affect on battery life span? And should i wait till it warms up then turn it on just to be safe or am i overthinking it?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Just got my iPhone 6! I must say i love how it feels in the hand. Reminds me of the ipod touch cause of how slim it is. Coming from a 4S im pretty much satisfied.

I do have a question, i ordered it online an it came delivered in the mail. The weather is cold so the phone was as well when i unboxed it. Does that have a affect on battery life span? And should i wait till it warms up then turn it on just to be safe or am i overthinking it?

Dude, charge your phone and enjoy it...;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711