Update won't take place because iPhone low on storage?

ree3317

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
I keep deleting app's and pictures (permanently) and it then when I try to download the software it keeps telling me I don't have enough space? I barely have anything left on the phone at all please help???

ree3317

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
my mac died after 6 years and haven't bought a new one yet, (just last week) my phone is very glitch which is why I wanted to do the update but now I have deleted almost all my apps and it still isn't working my friend next to me did hers with no problems I can't figure out why

ree3317

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
thank you the problem is I keep freeing up space and then when I restart the update it says I don't have enough space I don't know why but thank you anyway

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
The space issue probably has nothing to do with apps. Do as was suggested and check to see what is taking up space. It is probably pictures or music or something. Go to settings, general, and usage and see what is taking up space. It will tell you there and then you can know what to delete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You can try the following. Make sure you have access to the Internet via Wi-Fi. Note: ALL DATA WILL BE ERASED FROM THE DEVICE.

1. Go to Settings - General - Reset and then select "Erase All Contents and Settings".
2. When the process is complete, you will be greeted with the Welcome screen.
3. Select the appropriate language and then enter your Wi-Fi credentials.
4. Do not restore from a backup when prompted. Just get to your home screen.
5. When you've gotten to the home screen, go to Settings - General - Software Update to check for an available iOS update. If available, select to update to the latest iOS version for your device.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I have a strong feeling that the "space" the iPhone is saying there is a lack of is within his iCloud storage for backups, and not the actual device itself. The warning he is being prompted with is probably telling him his iCloud storage is full of backups and needs to be emptied out.

OP...go look in your iCloud storage in settings and see if there are multiple backups sitting in there. If there are, delete the oldest one and try your update again.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234