Dropped iPhone 6. WON'T POWER ON ANYMORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmarquis9

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422138680.182843.jpg

My dad dropped his iPhone 6 and it worked for a couple of hours despite the cracked screen but now it won't power on. Any ideas what could have happen regarding the hardware and drop? It just seems odd it worked and now it's completely dead

mrmarquis9

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the advice guys! But no AppleCare or insurance. I called apple and they said since I owned so many devices they would give me a one time exception. Honestly I cried a bit ( don't tell anyone lol) but I couldn't believe it. I am sticking with apple forever! But before I give his repaired phone back to him I'm getting him a lifeproof!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the advice guys! But no AppleCare or insurance. I called apple and they said since I owned so many devices they would give me a one time exception. Honestly I cried a bit ( don't tell anyone lol) but I couldn't believe it. I am sticking with apple forever! But before I give his repaired phone back to him I'm getting him a lifeproof!

See if they'll allow you to purchase AppleCare+ for it, and if so, I'd get it before I'd get the Lifeproof case.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I'd totally go Apple Care+. That screen is crazy smashed!

It's cool that they are replacing it for free for you. Apple is awesome. 😀

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
They're not going to give you anything. You will leave that store about $300 bucks lighter. A smashed phone is a smashed phone. Apple is not a charity it's a business ...

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
They're not going to give you anything. You will leave that store about $300 bucks lighter. A smashed phone is a smashed phone. Apple is not a charity it's a business ...

So he is misunderstanding the Apple Employee? Who knows they might let it slide. I have a cousin who got water damage in his MacBook Pro and they replaced it for free because he was a student and they were sympathetic. Gotta love Apple!

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

Apple's world class customer service at it again!

Glad you're getting a solution for your Dad. And absolutely get a case. None of my phones go without one. Awesome outcome for you guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2