T-Mobile IPhone 6 issue thinking about upgrading

La Trotter

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Okay I am having major issues with my iPhone 6 which has been replace 3 times as of today and still having drop calls, my able to backup to my iCloud. So a tech support from T-Mobile subject maybe I should do a jump upgrade to a different phone. So I'm wondering if I will have to same issue on a T-Mobile iPhone 6 plus? I living in Arlington Tx and the service in my house sucks and I am only getting one bar on my wifi connection. Any subjection as to what different phone I should try. I love apple and I don't care to much for android devices. What other can compare to Apple iPhone 6 or better?

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Nothing wrong with the phone. Its T-Mobile and probably your wifi connection. Try putting the router in a place near the center of your house.

whetrick1

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I don't think it's the phone. What's the odds of you getting 3 bad iPhones in a row. I think your server sucks

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Have you always had poor service at your house with older devices before buying the iPhone 6?

Do you have poor WiFi reception with other devices in your house besides your iPhone?

Is there a reason why you're still using Tmobile if their service is subpar in your area?

Is there a reason why you haven't addressed your obvious network issues before exchanging iPhones over and over again for no reason?

keving999

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
It could be an issue with VoLTE try turning it off in settings you may need a carrier update to correct the issue, I'm on AT&T and until I got carrier update 18.1 I had lots of issues, in settings go to LTE set it to data only.

Last edited:

La Trotter

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
There was a issue with my wifi I receive a new modem however my nephew has the iPhone 5c with ATT and he only gets one bar as well. So i know that's it's a signal issue in my house I have come to that conclusion. However when I'm away from home I still have a lot of drop calls. Out of 296 callas 30 of them drop. A master ticket was open in late part of December because a lot of customer was having the same issues with the iPhone 6. I have LTE data only.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I have drop 7 callas just today alone and this is on the replacement phone. Not in my home area!

That's most likely the carrier's fault, not the iPhone. Check the T-Mobile coverage map for the areas where you've had dropped calls. T-Mobile isn't known for its coverage.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Keep LTE off for calls. I had the same exact dropped call issue with T-Mobile and I'm in full bars. Also, if you've got a SIM from a different iPhone (5, 5c, 5s), swap it out for a new one. Don't know how that helped but the combination of both and I haven't dropped one call since.

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Call T-Mobile or go to your nearest location and pick up one of our LTE signal boosters. They use the outside signal and amplify it a few times over inside your home. Alternatively, a CellSpot router (which we also provide for free) might work as well. I have one in my home, and it has not only been beneficial for my calls/texts at home (through WiFi using an iPhone 6) but it has made my in-home WiFi signal 2-3 times better. It's essentially a $200 router that we're giving you for free. It beats the heck out of the stock router provided by Comcast. Take advantage!

Good luck!

(I'm a T-Mo Store Manager by the way, thus why I keep saying "we" Lol)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
There was a issue with my wifi I receive a new modem however my nephew has the iPhone 5c with ATT and he only gets one bar as well. So i know that's it's a signal issue in my house I have come to that conclusion. However when I'm away from home I still have a lot of drop calls. Out of 296 callas 30 of them drop. A master ticket was open in late part of December because a lot of customer was having the same issues with the iPhone 6. I have LTE data only.

So do you live in an area with reception problems with Tmobile?

Have you had reception problems on previous devices before switching to the iPhone 6?

...I'm really quite confused as to why you continue to think it's the device and not your location. Maybe Tmobile and AT&T are not good carriers in your area...have you checked to see how Verizon performs? Do you live in a really rural area?

There are so many things that you haven't addressed that have nothing to do with your devices themselves. At my in laws cabin (which is in an extremely rural part of the mountain of Georgia), AT&T gets poor LTE reception, but decent 4G connection...my phone almost ALWAYS switches to 4G while we are there, and while the speed certainly is slower, it still works. What you're doing would be like me switching out iPhones to try and get them to connect to LTE at the cabin...makes no sense.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
You can upgrade. But, it's an act of futility. You've already identified the problem. The coverage in your area is terrible. Changing devices won't fix the coverage. Adding the router to your home will provide a bandaide, at best.

If your finger was bleeding, would you continue to bandage your toe? If not, why do you think it makes sense to use the same troubleshooting techniques to your phone?

La Trotter

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Thank for the infor I already have the T Mobile wifi router which hasn't boost my signal at all. However I did get a new modem from Time Warner so I might just plug it back up again. Didn't know any about the LTE signal booster

La Trotter

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
So do you live in an area with reception problems with Tmobile?

Have you had reception problems on previous devices before switching to the iPhone 6?

...I'm really quite confused as to why you continue to think it's the device and not your location. Maybe Tmobile and AT&T are not good carriers in your area...have you checked to see how Verizon performs? Do you live in a really rural area?

There are so many things that you haven't addressed that have nothing to do with your devices themselves. At my in laws cabin (which is in an extremely rural part of the mountain of Georgia), AT&T gets poor LTE reception, but decent 4G connection...my phone almost ALWAYS switches to 4G while we are there, and while the speed certainly is slower, it still works. What you're doing would be like me switching out iPhones to try and get them to connect to LTE at the cabin...makes no sense.

La Trotter

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Yes I have had problems with the IPhone 5, 5s and the LG G 2 which is why I upgrade to the IPhone 6 but neither one of them devices wasn't this bad as my iPhone 6. I'm getting callas everywhere not just my home area. That's a problem that I wasn't having on the other devices in the past. I have had the signal booster which I return and got the wifi router which hasn't made things any better because it look like my internet service keep drop packets which is what causing the wifi calls to drop as well.

La Trotter

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
T-Mobile has LTE and 4g in my area its when I get inside the apartment complex where everything goes wrong. I go from 4 bar of LTE OR 4g down to one bar as soon as I pull into my apartment complex.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Seems like a network issue, not phone. Some other phone may get better reception, but iPhones don't have the best reception. Seems like you may need to get a network extender from tmo or switch carriers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
T-Mobile has LTE and 4g in my area its when I get inside the apartment complex where everything goes wrong. I go from 4 bar of LTE OR 4g down to one bar as soon as I pull into my apartment complex.

Replacing your devices is not going to fix this...you are experiencing a carrier network issue. You need to switch service or just learn to deal with it.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Replacing your devices is not going to fix this...you are experiencing a carrier network issue. You need to switch service or just learn to deal with it.

It's kind of weird though. While my 5c didn't have signal in certain areas and the 6 does, I still drop more calls with the 6.

It's really weird. Perhaps it's the way the new antennae bands are situated in the phone?

Had two really defective units prior, I definitely wouldn't try for another 6 over this though.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It's kind of weird though. While my 5c didn't have signal in certain areas and the 6 does, I still drop more calls with the 6.

It's really weird. Perhaps it's the way the new antennae bands are situated in the phone?

Had two really defective units prior, I definitely wouldn't try for another 6 over this though.

If the OP had not reported all the network issues that were previously experienced, sure...we could start talking about hardware design and the possibility the device simply isn't up to snuff for the signal she needs in her area. In this case though, we're talking about a person who continues to use Tmobile even with poor network service in her area for whatever reason...but for some reason feels returning the device 3 times is going to magically fix the problem.