Do you actually pay for any of your Apps?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I mostly make the in-app purchase if it's an app I often use to get rid of the ads. Especially when it's an app that involves step-by-step interaction and has video ads between each.

A recent example of this is one of those Pic Collage apps that I often use to put together things for Instagram/Facebook pics for an e-commerce website I launched recently. I can't tell you how much impatience I have to wait for a 15 second ad to finish so I can finally export the collage out of the app. It was worth the 2 bucks

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I only pay for paid apps. :p I've only paid to get "premium" or remove apps from Smash Hit and Speedtest. I haven't got an IAP for any other app since they either don't have ads, don't have the option to remove them, I don't mind them because I barely use the app or they aren't obtrusive.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I pay for apps whenever I feel they are worthwhile paying for. That includes a paid app upfront or an in app purchase to remove ads. I've collected well over 1000 apps since I got my first iPhone in 2007 and iPad in 2010. Can't really say how much I've paid over the years, but it worth it. The developers need support to keep creating fun or productive apps.

Ding. Ding. Ding. Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

I pay for many of the apps that I use, but then, I only keep/use the apps that are worthwhile. I have 362 apps on my Mac now, and probably have deleted that many, too.

nmburns

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have a lot of both paid and free apps on my phone. What I normally do is pick up an iTunes card when they go on sale around the holidays and then put it on my account. If I find an app that I want or one that goes on sale, I'll buy it with the credit. That way I'm still getting a deal because I didn't pay full price for the iTunes card. Win-Win! :)

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I have paid for many, many apps (more than I care to count). I abhor ads in my apps. If it's an app that I will use, I will purchase an IAP to remove the ads. If no such IAP exists (or no ad-free paid equivalent exists), the app generally doesn't last long on my device.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I have paid for 3 or 4 apps in total.
After using TomTom illegally for 2 years I decided to buy it. And I've paid for Tapatalk Pro because it was (and still is) the app I use the most.
I can't remember others I purchased at this moment. However, I don't JB my phone since almost 2 years so the rest of my 130-something apps are free apps

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have a lot of both paid and free apps on my phone. What I normally do is pick up an iTunes card when they go on sale around the holidays and then put it on my account. If I find an app that I want or one that goes on sale, I'll buy it with the credit. That way I'm still getting a deal because I didn't pay full price for the iTunes card. Win-Win! :)

You should also try Coinstar if you have one near you. Loose change converted to iTunes :)

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I'll try an app with Ads... if I like the app, I'll spring for an ad-free option if available... if not, I'll might put up with the ads, or just ditch the app.

pretty much how i feel too. if i find it too annoying or intrusive, and its an app ill use a lot, ill pay for it within reason.

baldhero

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
Very rarely on games, but quite often on productive apps. Game wise, only when friends recommended. I tends to switching app too often to think my investment are worth it.

anon8433722

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I have resided on both sides of the spectrum; both gleefully paying for applications in full from the respective app stores and rooting/jailbreaking to obtain apps for free. If the apps are not offered at a paid level and are ad-supported, I have often ventured into the realm of ad-blockers to free up screen real estate.

I am personally avoiding freemium applications now because I cannot support a business model that provides artificial enhancement and advantages over non-paying members to those that have disposable income where they can freely plop $50 into a tank fighting game to build an armada of vehicles winning match after match.

If the free app is ad-free but limits functionality to provide you with a way to try the app and support it only if you like it / need the additional features, I'm down for that.

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Many free apps I have gotten are for my kids. If they are good apps, and the kids like them, buying the ad-free version is a must. If not, they are always accidentally hitting the ads.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

AlexJ92

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I have a large selection of apps on my 6 plus which I have paid for. I have used the iphone since the original and have probably spent close to ?200 on apps lol