Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

Question Messages, phone, facetime and "messages" under settings not working

Whenever i open messages app it opens with blank screen then crashes. If i open phone app or facetime app it opens the app but then freezes and i cant press anything. If I attempt to open "messages" in settings the screen freezes. And finally if I double press the home button to close apps that freezes and I have to wait 5mins until I can close apps.

Also when I can open the phone app my phone number is not appearing as it should. It has reverted back to the original one I was given when I got the phone in early December. These problems have only begun in the last week or so and have been getting worse.

Have tried turning phone off and on again, have tried forced restart as well but neither of these worked. Any help would be much appreciated....don't want to reset phone entirely if it can be avoided.
    iMore Genius

Default Re: Messages, phone, facetime and "messages" under settings not working

Quote Originally Posted by dccc View Post
    ....don't want to reset phone entirely if it can be avoided
    You've done all you can- restoring the iOS is the next step in the process.