New iPhone 6 user. Wifi question with T-Mobile

Italiannyc

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
I was offered a deal from T-Mobile and I figured I would jump on it and try the iPhone 6. I have been a galaxy users the past 3 years so I figured it was time for a change. Also, with mobiles jump plan, now is the perfect time to try something new and get something else in six months if I don't like the iPhone. They offered me the 64gb iPhone for the price of the 16gb. Not to shabby.

Anyway, I rely on wifi calling and my question is, is there any settings to make wifi preferred instead of the mobile network? On my galaxy's I had the option under wifi calling but I can't find it on here.

It always says T-Mobile wifi in the top left corner which is great, means I'm connected I believe. But sometimes it still shows the signal strength next to it and sometimes it doesn't. Some help would be great.

Thanks guys

Wozinator

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
To actually answer your question. If you are on wifi and have wifi calling enabled, the iPhone will only use the wifi signal, not the stronger of the two.

Italiannyc

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
Thanks everyone. The thing is I am getting my wifi calls dropped every 25 mins I am on the call.. I believe it has to do with the phone trying to go back to a cellular connection. On my old android I could put wifi preferred and it would not do that. Anything I can do?

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks everyone. The thing is I am getting my wifi calls dropped every 25 mins I am on the call.. I believe it has to do with the phone trying to go back to a cellular connection. On my old android I could put wifi preferred and it would not do that. Anything I can do?

Maybe try Settings>Phone>Wi-Fi Calling and switch it to on.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR