Does Zagg glass or HDX glass really better than a standard screen protector?

AB Lambert

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
All,

I have a standard screen protector Zagg glass and HDX. Is it really that much better? I was wonder can you tell you have it on the mobile?

Thanks,
A.B.

Gator352

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes. Glass IS that much better. The only way you notice is the edge of the glass is raised up a little due to the fact of glass being thicker than standard protectors.....but it's well worth it in my opinion.

Celandine

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Love my Zagg Glass protectors. After I had one put on my Mini 2, I was sold. When I ugraded to the 6, that was one of my first purchases, besides a good case. They're amazing!

malt1977

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I've been using a mixture of Zagg and Ultimate Shield glass protectors on phones since they came out and wouldn't trust anything now that isn't glass.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I am done! I just woke up and my VZW glass screen protector is cracked. I'm getting the HDX. I'm done with glass.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I had one and it got messed up, my fault so I put a glass one on that I had. Now I'm going back to the HDX and staying.

Rjgjr#IM

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I had glass on my 5s and loved it, the 6 has curved edges and i haven't found a brand of glass protector's yet that don't raise up on the edges or crack. so its hdx for now.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I am going to stick with my HDX- I have seen too many posts about how easily they break. I am not really into screen protectors but this one is great. I don't notice its on-

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm sticking with the HDX because I've had 4 of the glass ones break.

Just chipped my Zagg Glass around the top near the camera cutout. Came to snoop to see if anyone has had any luck with the HDX (I'm thinking about going to Best Buy to pick one up tomorrow - the price different between a warranty replacement through Zagg and price matching at Best Buy is about $5 and for that it isn't worth the hassle). Are you a fan Zero? I've only had glass up until now - not sure what to expect.

Last edited:

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Got it and love it. It's my new screen protector. And it's not just Zagg. I had two of the VZW ones and the both cracked.

sifatkhan

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi i am using the iPhone 6. i am thinking to decide between zagg glass and HDX.so i ordered the HDX for my iPhone 6.i am very happy with it and smooth feel to it. HDX is better for iPhone6.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I put glass on my devices for the first time this year. LOVE the smooth feeling of glass instead of the plastic. I will never use plastic again.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6