Missing The Power Button - Bring it Back!!

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
As much as I love everything about the iPhone 6 and 6 plus, I hate that they changed the location of the power button. I now end up lower my volume accidentally when trying to take screenies. Lol I've tried different ways of holding the phone and still can't get comfy. Am I alone in this?

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I adjusted to it years ago when I went from an Android with a top button to one with a side button. I couldn't imagine it anywhere but on the side at this point. Using my wife's 5C feels incredibly awkward to use the power button.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
How do you accidentally lower the volume when trying to take screenshots when you need to press the home and power buttons?

Sent from my Golden Apple Six

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
It's funny I have an older iPod touch and I find myself always going to the side now to shut it off... You will get used to it quick

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I find it a little easier taking screenshots on the plus with my right hand and thumb and index finger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
How do you accidentally lower the volume when trying to take screenshots when you need to press the home and power buttons?

Sent from my Golden Apple Six

It's how I hold my phone when I'm taking screenies... lol I can't explain it but I do it that way so I don't have to touch any part of the corner of the screen when holding the phone.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I like the new location. One phone as the big as the iPhone 6 that has the power button on the top is the HTC One M8. The power button is just awkward to push compared to other phones with the power button on the side.

projectman

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I have gotten used to the new location. Once in a while I still bump the volume button but it's not a big deal. Usually I hold it with one finger on the power button and the opposing finger over the mute switch.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I have gotten used to the new location. Once in a while I still bump the volume button but it's not a big deal. Usually I hold it with one finger on the power button and the opposing finger over the mute switch.

I do the same thing. I don't hit the volume as much as I use to.

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I can't stand it. I keep turning off my phone when taking pictures, and I keep hitting the volume keys when trying to turn it off

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I find that I now try to turn off my iPhone 5 with a power button on the side instead of the top. I like it on the side.

Blackcash

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm with the OP on this. It's the only thing I don't like about the 6. With the sleep button being directly across from the volume buttons, I am constantly changing the volume.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods