Why is my iPhone rebooting?

randally

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
I purchased an iPhone 6 (T-Mobile/unlocked) from an Apple Store in Dallas on Dec 17th. It has had iOS 8.1.2 on it from the beginning. I have not had any problems with it until the last couple days. All of a sudden it is rebooting on it's own. i.e.... I hear the "ding" and when I look at it, all I see is the black screen with the white apple. It boots quickly and I can get back into it with no problems other than I have to enter my code rather than TouchID (since it rebooted).This happened at least 3 times yesterday and twice already today.
I also have a iPad mini (w/Retina) 128G with iOS 8.1.2 and am not experiencing any issues with it.
Suggestions? pointers? help?

Last edited:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Try hooking up to iTunes, do a back-up...restore the iOS...restore the back-up and re-sync to iTunes...and, if issues persist, as noted below... A visit to an AppleStore GeniusBar is in order.

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello
You can try restoring your iPhone 6 and see if that solves the issue, if it doesn't, I would take it back to the apple store.

randally

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
I hope the restore works....

Unfortunately I am now in back Brazil (a missionary) and a visit to a genius bar is a little out of my budget! lol

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I hope the restore works....

Unfortunately I am now in back Brazil (a missionary) and a visit to a genius bar is a little out of my budget! lol

I think the Genius Bar is free, but if you have to have a product replaced it may end up costing money. 😀

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If restoring the backup results in the same issue then I'd just restore as new and see if that fixes the issue (which I think it will).

randally

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
In case anyone else reads this....
I ended up contacting Apple Service and they jumped all over the opportunity to replace the iPhone. Unfortunately, I still ended up paying to ship it to the US. After I received the replacement, I discovered they had sent me a "locked" phone. Once again I called Service and after they reviewed the service record, they realized they had not sent me the correct (unlocked) phone. Nevertheless, they arranged to have the iPhone unlocked (within 12 hours of first contact) and I have been using that iPhone now for almost 5 months with no more issues.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In case anyone else reads this....
I ended up contacting Apple Service and they jumped all over the opportunity to replace the iPhone. Unfortunately, I still ended up paying to ship it to the US. After I received the replacement, I discovered they had sent me a "locked" phone. Once again I called Service and after they reviewed the service record, they realized they had not sent me the correct (unlocked) phone. Nevertheless, they arranged to have the iPhone unlocked (within 12 hours of first contact) and I have been using that iPhone now for almost 5 months with no more issues.

Outstanding, and thank you for the update...:)