Siri/ iMessage voice messages not working

Jordan Pon

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I've had my gold iPhone 6 for around 1 month now and Siri/ iMessage voice messages have stopped working. For Siri, i can turn it on, but it just won't respond or pick up my voice. For iMessage, I cannot talk to text or record voice messages. Whenever I hold down the microphone icon to record a message, in the playback there is absolutely nothing but noise and static.

To try to resolve this, I first updated my phone to the latest update. That didn't work. So, the last resort was to restore my iPhone to factory settings. That didn't work either. It's funny because I'm pretty sure it's a software issue because my microphone works perfectly fine with phone calls and voice memos.

CalebMcL

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
Did you find a resolution to this? I have the same issue, and it extends to my video recording. BUT, only when the environment is noisy. I have a video that seems perfectly normal, but when it gets noisier, all the audio drops out and is replaced by static.

Limey21

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
I just spent time on the phone with Apple rep because I could not record a Text Msg on my new iphone 6. Activating Siri did not help. The solution was to go into the keyboard settings, and activate "Dictation". That fixed the issue, and now the keyboard microphone is enabled so I can record a Text Message. :yes:

fiksdit

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I know the message is old now, but the microphone used for siri is next to the ear speaker, it is part of the front camera assembly, so if it is not working or misaligned it can cause issues with siri.

SayHiToTaye

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
I know the message is old now, but the microphone used for siri is next to the ear speaker, it is part of the front camera assembly, so if it is not working or misaligned it can cause issues with siri.

This is exactly what my problem is... My front face camera is broken😩

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2