Anyone else having difficulty with the thumbprint recognition?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Are your thumbs dirty? What about the sensor/button? My new iPhone6 has been quite good with regard to print recognition.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Every time I try to log in with either of my thumbs, it says try again. Eventually I have to enter my passcode. : (

What finger(s) do you use for TouchID? I use both thumbs, but have set up all 5 finger "slots" with the two thumbs. Also, if you finger(s) is(are) damp, dirty or really dry, reading the finger print can be spotty. I would recommend using all 5 finger settings in the Settings app, and then make sure your hands are clean and dry. My iPhone 6 Plus rarely fails to recognize my thumbs and open.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
My Touch ID sensor works fine. I set up both thumbs twice and my right pointer finger once, and I have about a 95% success rate. So my suggestion is to set up the same finger multiple times and that may work for you. :)

richv77

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I am experiencing the same problem with both thumbs and index fingers. My fingers are clean and I do clean my screen often each day. I usually set up each print twice.

I had the same problem with my 5S until an OS update became available.

-Rich

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Every time I try to log in with either of my thumbs, it says try again. Eventually I have to enter my passcode. : (

Trying restoring as new. When I first got my 6 plus I restored from a 5S backup and Touch ID was not as consistent as it was with the 5S. The restore as new fixed it and I rarely get a "try again "unless my hands are damp after just washing them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
My iPhone 6 Touch ID works flawlessly. I have just my thumb and my "pointer" finger. The only time I had problems with Touch ID was with my iP5S. The problem turned out to be a firmware problem.

When you program you Touch ID move your finger around in small increments and at different angles. Do the same when you program the edges.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Mine is working great so far. Even better than my 5S I'd say. Try setting up multiple prints for the same finger.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
My Touch ID sensor works fine. I set up both thumbs twice and my right pointer finger once, and I have about a 95% success rate. So my suggestion is to set up the same finger multiple times and that may work for you. :)

Thats how I do mine also, once and a while I'll have a problem and its always from some sort of interference on one of my prints wipe my thumb and I'm good to go. .

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
My TouchID works most of the time. Usually when my fingers are rather oily or wet it fails to recognize it. Other than that it works beautifully. Like others have said, try setting up a few times for one of your finger, or you could just re-setup it

Sent from my iPhone 6

Reparkable

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Mine has worked 100% of the time since I got it 2 weeks ago. Never failed once.

Only have 1 finger saved for unlocking too. My right thumb

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro