iPhone 6 lifeproof case

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Pictures of the white Lifeproof Fre for iPhone 6 (with a white iPhone 6 inside). I tried to include every angle possible. If you'd like something else specific let me know!

PS - I love this case so much I'm considering getting a N??d when they're released too!

a39894bfa5341799b31966ed7b745023.jpg

4aef1554f626658a7f06446d9df61aae.jpg

3078734b5467aaddb8c7a3c21efbc3aa.jpg

37c93df46db4f1aa1bf0e8440d2d386d.jpg

06d7cffbe756b6436d8f9d73ac06ef60.jpg

ccf63fa71b78d9f1bc4f3f85e0b5cc62.jpg

9dc2cf0731ca6ce2ec5d981ed7336978.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Ugh I can't wait to get mine as mine will be the same setup as yours (white with white).

I've had Lifeproof cases in the past and they've been ok. This is the first one that I've ever really liked and am using as my daily case. Normally I dealt with them because of the weather (rain/snow) or what I was doing (golfing/vacation/concert).

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
How is the sound quality? In the past, it was muffled.

Well this is a waterproof case, so the sound is going to be muffled. There's nothing you can really do about that - it's a compromise you're going to have to make for waterproof functionality. As far as the sound quality goes, I've had zero complaints about sounding far away or like I'm in a tunnel (which has happened many times in the past). The back of the case tends to vibrate a bit when the volume is set to max and sound gets a little distorted (it's extremely rare and I think it has happened maybe 2 or 3 times in the last week I've had the case).

How is the screen protector on it?

The screen protector is excellent. It's no Zagg Glass but it's much, much improved over past versions. I had a Lifeproof for the iPhone 5. Around the top speaker there a few plastic pieces on the underside of the front and it caused the case to bulge a bit (which then caused a gap between the phone and the screen protector). On the iPhone 6 version, the screen protector sits very flush. I had one small "oil slick" spot but I used the baby powder trick and it's gone now.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Fischkind#IM

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Well this is a waterproof case, so the sound is going to be muffled. There's nothing you can really do about that - it's a compromise you're going to have to make for waterproof functionality. As far as the sound quality goes, I've had zero complaints about sounding far away or like I'm in a tunnel (which has happened many times in the past). The back of the case tends to vibrate a bit when the volume is set to max and sound gets a little distorted (it's extremely rare and I think it has happened maybe 2 or 3 times in the last week I've had the case).

The screen protector is excellent. It's no Zagg Glass but it's much, much improved over past versions. I had a Lifeproof for the iPhone 5. Around the top speaker there a few plastic pieces on the underside of the front and it caused the case to bulge a bit (which then caused a gap between the phone and the screen protector). On the iPhone 6 version, the screen protector sits very flush. I had one small "oil slick" spot but I used the baby powder trick and it's gone now.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

How much room is there from the stock charger? I got some after market chargers and I'm afraid they won't fit.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
How much room is there from the stock charger? I got some after market chargers and I'm afraid they won't fit.

No room at all - You must use an apple lightning cable. For some reason this time around they made the cut out to the exact measurements of an apple cable (the 30 pin to lightning adapter doesn't even fit because that's slightly bigger). I have been using an iHome as my alarm and to charge my phone for the last 2.5. I finally docked one of my old iPods for music and have been plugging my phone into the wall again.

I know that I've made a couple compromises but I really, really like this case. I'm definitely checking out a N??d when they're released too.

Fischkind#IM

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
No room at all - You must use an apple lightning cable. For some reason this time around they made the cut out to the exact measurements of an apple cable (the 30 pin to lightning adapter doesn't even fit because that's slightly bigger). I have been using an iHome as my alarm and to charge my phone for the last 2.5. I finally docked one of my old iPods for music and have been plugging my phone into the wall again.

I know that I've made a couple compromises but I really, really like this case. I'm definitely checking out a N??d when they're released too.

Well at least I can give the wifey my long cords and hijack her oem Apple ones. I will give it a try again. Unfortunately no one in Canada has them so it's direct from their site. Shipping sucks :(

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Well at least I can give the wifey my long cords and hijack her oem Apple ones. I will give it a try again. Unfortunately no one in Canada has them so it's direct from their site. Shipping sucks :(

Luckily I only have one 3rd party, Belkin lightning cable. I ended up just switching that cable with the one I have in my car to hook up my iPod to the radio. I actually wish I would've thought of this sooner. My iPod has to sit out in a little compartment under the radio - it's hard to see but the white Apple cable is eye catching, the black Belkin cable blends in much better.

Hopefully you're case makes it to you soon and doesn't cost an arm and a leg to get to you. It's definitely worth every penny. We had some terrible freezing rain (which transitioned over to just rain) all day today. I'm still careful but it was nice being able to continue a phone call/finish a text during the storms today.

Fischkind#IM

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Luckily I only have one 3rd party, Belkin lightning cable. I ended up just switching that cable with the one I have in my car to hook up my iPod to the radio. I actually wish I would've thought of this sooner. My iPod has to sit out in a little compartment under the radio - it's hard to see but the white Apple cable is eye catching, the black Belkin cable blends in much better.

Hopefully you're case makes it to you soon and doesn't cost an arm and a leg to get to you. It's definitely worth every penny. We had some terrible freezing rain (which transitioned over to just rain) all day today. I'm still careful but it was nice being able to continue a phone call/finish a text during the storms today.

I think it was 21 bucks shipping.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
It's the only downfall with them. Expensive shipping. Although once it arrives I think I will be super happy with it.

Not sure if you've seen me post around here before, but I'm extremely picky when it comes to cases. I've had Lifeproofs in the past and have only used them when it was necessary, never as a daily case. This is the first Lifeproof that I've really liked and want to use everyday. I think you'll be really happy with it. What color did you go with?

Fischkind#IM

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if you've seen me post around here before, but I'm extremely picky when it comes to cases. I've had Lifeproofs in the past and have only used them when it was necessary, never as a daily case. This is the first Lifeproof that I've really liked and want to use everyday. I think you'll be really happy with it. What color did you go with?

Black, I remember seeing your posts I lurk here a lot but never post. I'm excited the only turn off about the life proof was the murkey sounding speaker port. Which it appears they have fixed. Now it's the waiting game for it to arrive.

denzilla

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm waiting for my case to arrive an honestly it makes me sick to think about how much I paid for it. I held one in the store today and it felt like something I'd find at a local flee market. IMO, they're getting away with charging what they do only because virtually no one else makes waterproof cases. The only reason I bought it is to protect it from sweat while running.

I also irks me that even though they charge nearly $100 for a case, they can't be bothered to get it too me within a weeks time. I think they shipped it via elderly man on old, broke down mule!

Fischkind#IM

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm waiting for my case to arrive an honestly it makes me sick to think about how much I paid for it. I held one in the store today and it felt like something I'd find at a local flee market. IMO, they're getting away with charging what they do only because virtually no one else makes waterproof cases. The only reason I bought it is to protect it from sweat while running.

I also irks me that even though they charge nearly $100 for a case, they can't be bothered to get it too me within a weeks time. I think they shipped it via elderly man on old, broke down mule!

It only took less then three days to recieve mine. I got it today. Love it so far. Way improved from when I used it with the 4s and 5 model. Man did they improve.

Still not ballsy enough to put under water yet.

denzilla

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
It only took less then three days to recieve mine. I got it today. Love it so far. Way improved from when I used it with the 4s and 5 model. Man did they improve.

Still not ballsy enough to put under water yet.

They sent mine via Fedex smart post. I'm guessing they'll hand it off to the USPS at some point....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods