Store pickup and activation
I'm not in the window to get my wife's iPhone 6 (upgrade from a 5) by fedex and want to pick up in store. I know if I walk in to update they will activate then but what if I order online and so store pickup? Will we need to turn it on, etc to activate which will disable the 5? It's for Christmas so maybe I do it late 12/24 so she can still use the 5 and the new one can be a surprise.
The 5 has been flaky anyway so she wouldn't be surprised if it stops working but better late 12/24 than any time before then
I know ordering online it won't activate until it arrives and you turn it on but as I mentioned we are past that option for delivery before Christmas.
- 12-20-2014, 02:12 PM #2
- 12-20-2014, 03:09 PM #4
Re: Store pickup and activation
I tried to order online for pick-up in Verizon store and it was not an option for the iPhone 6. Customer service said it's because local store doesn't have them in stock. You can have it held at your local fedex distribution center for pickup. The old phone has to be turned off to activate new one. You then call activation center at Verizon, per instructions you get with phone, and they will activate it.
- By mumfoau in forum AccessoriesReplies: 17Last Post: 01-18-2015, 04:27 AM
- By Jamie Wooten in forum Marketplace ArchiveReplies: 11Last Post: 12-22-2014, 12:04 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 12-20-2014, 02:06 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 12-20-2014, 09:00 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 12-20-2014, 08:40 AM