iPhone 6 Set up help!

Macca1990

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Basically i'm surprising my Girlfriend with an iPhone 6 for Christmas, she currently has an iPhone 4. Can I set up her iPhone 6 as a "new" phone and then at a later date transfer all her iphone 4 apps etc over to the new iPhone 6. Or do I have to do this at the initial set up of the iPhone 6

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Or, if you can somehow get her Apple ID password then just go ahead and restore her backup before you wrap it up so that when she opens it it'll be ready to go...then all you have left to do is swap her phone number over to the new one

mpn_14

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
If you use her Apple ID on the new phone won't she get an email to say it was used on an iPhone 6 and blow the surprise?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Or, if you can somehow get her Apple ID password then just go ahead and restore her backup before you wrap it up so that when she opens it it'll be ready to go...then all you have left to do is swap her phone number over to the new one

I wouldn't recommend this since she'll get an email saying a new device has been activated on her device and that would pretty much blow the surprise factor.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Or my girlfriend. The woman doesn't even know how to set up widgets in the notification center.

Neither can my Wife. She can call, text and visit Facebook. That's about it. Oh, her Bible app. I have apps downloaded on her phone she doesn't know about. They're on screen 2 in a folder.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
*laughs* guys his username is 1990; he was born a year before me (more than likely) which makes him 24. His girlfriend is probably the same age. We check emails for the most part! That will definitely blow the surprise.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice