Should i get either the iPhone 6 16gb or the iPhone 5S 32gb and why?

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
If it were me I would wait and save for the 6 64gig, but that's me.

Sent from my wrapped in leather iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
should i get either the iphone 6 16gb or the iphone 5s 32gb and why?

If you want a lot of music, get the 32 gb. But save longer for a 6 with 64 gb. Worth the wait. I still use the iP 5. I may wait until September for the 6s Plus. But this battery...it may not make it to September.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Last edited:

iJedi

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
OP said he wants one of those two because he can only afford one of them. How about someone answers the question instead of suggesting something he didn't even ask.

I'm using a 16gb iPhone 6 myself. All the stuff I could want is still on my computer and iTunes and it requires a little more time spent managing what you want on your phone at a given time instead of always having it, but to me it was definitely worth it to sacrifice a little space for the 6. I love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You should get whatever device suits your needs best according to what you can afford. Why? It's common sense. You've had an iPhone 4 for 4 years now, so no one here needs to tell you the pros and cons of iOS. Decide for yourself which of the two device you mentioned suits your needs best for the amount you can afford.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Like others have said, I would personally save up for the 64gb, it's twice the amount of storage and you get the iPhone 6 which is an absolute beast.

Sent from my iPhone 6

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I think waiting and saving the extra $100 to get the 64gb 6 is a legitimate choice. That is what I would suggest.

If you must have one of the two you mentioned then you have to determine what you value more. Screen size or storage space? I can't help you with your needs. If it was me, i would wait until I had the extra cash.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Do you use more than 16 gb currently? If you think you can manage cutting your usage down of apps and content definitely go for the iPhone 6. They're both amazing phones but the 6 is an evolution of previous generations. I have a 16 gb plus and I'm doing just fine.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Out of those 2, it would be a hard choice. Having the latest and greatest is always good because you get the newest features, like Apple Pay and a bigger screen. But, 16 gigs isn't a lot, and 32 I'd definitely recommend. If you really want a bigger screen and Apple Pay, go with the 6, but if storage is more important then get the 5s.

My personal recommendation is, like many others, save for a 64 GB 6, and get the latest phone plus all of the newest features plus a lot of storage. I know it is a lot, but it would be worth it if you went this route. :)

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
OP said he wants one of those two because he can only afford one of them. How about someone answers the question instead of suggesting something he didn't even ask.

I'm using a 16gb iPhone 6 myself. All the stuff I could want is still on my computer and iTunes and it requires a little more time spent managing what you want on your phone at a given time instead of always having it, but to me it was definitely worth it to sacrifice a little space for the 6. I love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your right, In the case of that being my only choice I would go for the 6 because it the newest and there is plenty of cloud storage, But I still would try and save more money for the 6 64 gig.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Having the latest with only 16gb is pretty dull, especially if you're going to be keeping it for years like your 4. I also wouldn't go with the 5s in that case, even though the storage is larger. I know you're looking for the best of the two but I also have to go with what peers are saying and save for the 64gb 6, which will hold you over for the long run.

Of course, you can always use cloud storage on the 6 as Caleb has said. There's plenty of storage apps too.

I still think it sucks Apple went with 16, 64 & 128 instead of giving the people 32, 64 & 128.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Having the latest with only 16gb is pretty dull, especially if you're going to be keeping it for years like your 4. I also wouldn't go with the 5s in that case, even though the storage is larger. I know you're looking for the best of the two but I also have to go with what peers are saying and save for the 64gb 6, which will hold you over for the long run.

Of course, you can always use cloud storage on the 6 as Caleb has said. There's plenty of storage apps too.

I still think it sucks Apple went with 16, 64 & 128 instead of giving the people 32, 64 & 128.

Probably 75% of iPhone users use the 16 gb model. I'm not really sure the exact %. But in the UK, it's 91%. Most people aren't like us here on the forums. Most don't keep 20 or 30 gb of music on their phone. Or 100+ apps. Most manage with 16 gb rather well. I have. I do use Box, Dropbox and OneDrive. Very little music. But Apple's mistake is thinking the 16 gb is their most popular iPhone. Well, it is. But not because of the storage capacity. It's the price. So now the big problem is not managing 16 gb for use. It's the huge OS updates that require 5.7 gb of available space to install. Many with the 16 gb phone get caught with 2 or 3 gb available and can't update OTA without deleting a whole lot of stuff. iTunes? Yeah, but most don't even know they can do it that way. That's why the 32 gb should be the base model. My Wife got the 32 gb 5c in March. She still has 22 gb available. I find it hard to believe Apple thinks the 16 gb is most popular because of the storage capacity. They have to know it's price. They would have been much better off pricing the 32 gb at $199.99 (contract), and dropping the 16 gb.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Probably 75% of iPhone users use the 16 gb model. I'm not really sure the exact %. But in the UK, it's 91%. Most people aren't like us here on the forums. Most don't keep 20 or 30 gb of music on their phone. Or 100+ apps. Most manage with 16 gb rather well. I have. I do use Box, Dropbox and OneDrive. Very little music. But Apple's mistake is thinking the 16 gb is their most popular iPhone. Well, it is. But not because of the storage capacity. It's the price. So now the big problem is not managing 16 gb for use. It's the huge OS updates that require 5.7 gb of available space to install. Many with the 16 gb phone get caught with 2 or 3 gb available and can't update OTA without deleting a whole lot of stuff. iTunes? Yeah, but most don't even know they can do it that way. That's why the 32 gb should be the base model. My Wife got the 32 gb 5c in March. She still has 22 gb available. I find it hard to believe Apple thinks the 16 gb is most popular because of the storage capacity. They have to know it's price. They would have been much better off pricing the 32 gb at $199.99 (contract), and dropping the 16 gb.

Many people I know having a 16GB, have storage issues. Those who buy the 16, don't buy it because they think about storage, no, they are price driven.

iJedi

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Never had a storage problem on my 16gb. I keep my app selection pretty lean and I am always changing out albums to fit my mood, don't keep movies on it, etc.

Sent from my shiny iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Many people I know having a 16GB, have storage issues. Those who buy the 16, don't buy it because they think about storage, no, they are price driven.

Most storage issues are because of music. You can't put 10 gb of music on a 16 gb phone. I Stream most of my music on wifi. I have less than 300 mb of music in my music library. 16 gb is manageable if done right. That music though...LOL.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Most storage issues are because of music. You can't put 10 gb of music on a 16 gb phone. I Stream most of my music on wifi. I have less than 300 mb of music in my music library. 16 gb is manageable if done right. That music though...LOL.

I hear you, but in all the cases I've seen, it was videos and photos causing a full storage. And media stored in messaging applications like iMessage and whatsapp.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I hear you, but in all the cases I've seen, it was videos and photos causing a full storage. And media stored in messaging applications like iMessage and whatsapp.

Could be any combination I suppose. Photos and videos are easy. Box, Dropbox and OneDrive. I also store PNG images and gifs on my Box app.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234