bgd8rd

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone, new to the forum and new to iPhone. Just got my first iPhone last week and feel more hipsterish already! Anyway, I've got a question about the WiFi. Is there anyway on the iPhone 6 or even a third party application to automatically connect and disconnect to certain WiFi places so it's not constantly searching? I would love for it to connect automatically at once I'm at home, at my mothers and work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Once you log on to a network the first time, the iPhone will automatically connect back to that WiFi anytime it's in range.

bgd8rd

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes but, when I leave my house does the WiFi shut off or continuously search until I get within range of a known WiFi?

scotiez

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I am sure the Wi-Fi continually runs in the background if you have it turned on. I have mine on all the time and have had no problems. Once your out of range of your connected Wi-Fi is uses almost NO battery power. If you are going to be away from your connected Wi-Fi source for a long time like a few days, weeks or what ever by all means turn it off. If not just leave it on and don't worry about it.

tharley46

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I've had trouble with WI-FI for awhile now. I thought it might have been the new software update from Apple. Not sure now. I found a software update for my router and installed it. You'll notice in the pic before and after my router update. Hope that fixes my WI-FI problem, time will tell. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418423990.442759.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone, new to the forum and new to iPhone. Just got my first iPhone last week and feel more hipsterish already! Anyway, I've got a question about the WiFi. Is there anyway on the iPhone 6 or even a third party application to automatically connect and disconnect to certain WiFi places so it's not constantly searching? I would love for it to connect automatically at once I'm at home, at my mothers and work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Once you sign in with your password, you stay in. For different locations, you do the same. You enter your Mother's wifi password and each time you go there, you're connected. If you "Reset Network Settings", you'll have to enter all the passwords back in.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.