Left iphone for LG G3 and hate it

dfb8085

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Well I made the biggest mistake ever. I went over to Android because I didn't seem to like the iphones in the store. i went top of the line LG G3 and while its a nice phone the Android OS sucks big time. Its very cumberson and not very intutive. Having gotten it on the NEXT plan from ATT I am paying $25 a month for misery. Has anybody else made the same mistake and just bitten the bullet and pay full price just to come back to the Iphone? I would take my iPhone 5 back in a heart beat if I could over the crap I got now

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I had an android device a few years ago. Not for me used it until I got aggravated enough and got a used iPhone until I was up for a renewal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iTechHead

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I did after I bought my galaxy s5. It's a great phone but I always end up back on iOS. It was painful cause I had to use my iPhone 4 until my 6 arrived.

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I rock pretty much pure android like nexus or moto or HTC's phones with sense and I love it. Love android. I also love iOS though and that's why I've got a 6 coming. Android isn't for every one and the same goes for iOS.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I regretted getting the Note 3. Nice phone, the OS ruined it for me.

Sent from my iPhone 6

I loved my Note 3 until Samsung forced the kitkat update on me, then it all messed up. I paid full price to get back on iPhone and I must say I don't regret it.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I loved my Note 3 until Samsung forced the kitkat update on me, then it all messed up. I paid full price to get back on iPhone and I must say I don't regret it.

Agreed, I loved the 5.5inch screen on the Note. Went back to my iPhone 5 for a year after getting headaches from the Android OS, and now using the 6 as my daily driver.

Sent from my iPhone 6

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I did the same thing last year and sold my 5S for the Nexus 5. Man that was a huge mistake I couldn't even use the Nexus for a week without yearning for my iPhone again. Now I see the Nexus 6 and lollipop and I'm at the same point wanting it again but I know I couldn't leave my iPhone cause there are a few things I would miss that Android does annoyingly or doesn't have at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JAStark27

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
When did you get the device? If you bought it in the last week you can return it and get your upgrade. They actually extended there return policy till January 15th for the holiday season.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Well I made the biggest mistake ever. I went over to Android because I didn't seem to like the iphones in the store. i went top of the line LG G3 and while its a nice phone the Android OS sucks big time. Its very cumberson and not very intutive. Having gotten it on the NEXT plan from ATT I am paying $25 a month for misery. Has anybody else made the same mistake and just bitten the bullet and pay full price just to come back to the Iphone? I would take my iPhone 5 back in a heart beat if I could over the crap I got now

Its not the android OS, it is the crap LG skin that is used. Not to mention the g3 was kind of a meh phone other than the screen which even that is not as good as QHD displays from samsung. You poor soul lol.

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Preaching to the choir :) but once you get that LG (or HTC or Samsung), et al -- you're buying into the Android (Google) ecosystem. There's plenty to love and hate about it but here's the good news: It's nice to have a choice! (And mine is the iPhone and its ecosystem.)

Last edited:

mrjoeltan

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
As much as I love my iPhone, I love me a good android phone, like the nexus or the one plus one. Right now, the pros of having an iPhone in my situation make me having an iPhone better than me having an android.

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Done this a few times. Last one was the Note 3. Loved it for a day then the novelty wore off. Kept it a week, then went back to 5S, and use an iPhone 6 now. Never again.

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

How long have you had the phone? Do you like to tinker with your phones to set them up for your own use?

If you did not have the phone long enough (at least a month or more) and you do not like to tinker with your phones then Android is not for you.

I used an HTC One GPE for a month and I really liked it. The only two downsides were battery life and unavailability of apps that I am accustomed to on the App Store.

Sent from my iPhone 8

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm assuming you're past your 14 day return period?

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I've learned my lesson about selling my iPhone when switching to Android. I always keep my iPhone because I know I'll be back. I'm using a Note 4 now but my trusty iPhone 6 is waiting patiently for my return!

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I've learned my lesson about selling my iPhone when switching to Android. I always keep my iPhone because I know I'll be back. I'm using a Note 4 now but my trusty iPhone 6 is waiting patiently for my return!
So, I'm trying to understand... If you're going back to the iPhone anyway, why bother switching back and forth? It seems needlessly expensive, no?

Last edited:

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
So, I'm trying to understand... If you're going back to the iPhone anyway, why bother switching back and forth? It seems needlessly expensive,no?

Because they aren't fully happy with IOS, otherwise there would be no need for constant switching between OS. I could see switching between iPhones 6/6+

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711