Left iphone for LG G3 and hate it

DS1331

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I think you should give it a chance the G3 is an amazing phone it takes a few weeks to get used to the new system.

iamtim

Feb 6, 2009
Visit site
If you're going back to the iPhone anyway, why bother switching back and forth?

Because you're a smartphone enthusiast and you want to play around with the other platforms? It might be expensive, but it's really the only way to speak knowledgeably about all the other OSs.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I would love to have a second device running Android to complement the 6, but I would much rather have just one device, so I always go iOS. As much as I like vanilla Android, it can't beat iOS in my opinion. The 6 is everything I want in a phone plus more :)

tmx31415

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I bought the G3 back in July. Everything started off great with excellent battery life. Within about 3 weeks the device started to overheat and I was going through 2 batteries every 8 to 10 hours. I sent the device back to LG and it made no difference. I got the 6 and have had no issues since. I'm sorry for the issues you are having, if you can unload the G3, do it if possible.

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I love Android. My only lingering gripe is that there has yet to be an Android camera as good as an iPhone. I've been on a Galaxy S3 for a couple years, then briefly had a Note 4 but returned it. Getting a 6 Plus tomorrow. Camera and battery life are two of my biggest requirements in a phone and the 6 Plus seems to be just what the doctor ordered.

A few months ago when I was shopping for a new phone, I was interested in the LG G3. On paper it looked great. The camera lag put me right off though. And as much as everyone said that LG made a good Android skin, I didn't like it at all.

Last edited:

DJxDARIENx

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Currently have a note 3, but hopefully I get a 6 plus in a few weeks/months. The reason I went with android over IOS was because of the HTC ONE M7 last year; 6 replacements later I traded it in and took over a iphone 5 that was laying around in my house for a week while I convinced bestbuy to give me a complete different phone for the value of the HTC ONE. Im not gonna lie, I loved the 5 but the MAIN reason I didnt keep it was because I just couldnt do the size! Seeing the iphone 6 and 6 plus during annoucement I instantly found a 6 plus after release and played with it. Loved the size! I like IOS and Android in general, both have their perks and disadvantages. Hopefully I can make the switch to IOS with the 6 plus gold 64gb early next year.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Currently have a note 3, but hopefully I get a 6 plus in a few weeks/months. The reason I went with android over IOS was because of the HTC ONE M7 last year; 6 replacements later I traded it in and took over a iphone 5 that was laying around in my house for a week while I convinced bestbuy to give me a complete different phone for the value of the HTC ONE. Im not gonna lie, I loved the 5 but the MAIN reason I didnt keep it was because I just couldnt do the size! Seeing the iphone 6 and 6 plus during annoucement I instantly found a 6 plus after release and played with it. Loved the size! I like IOS and Android in general, both have their perks and disadvantages. Hopefully I can make the switch to IOS with the 6 plus gold 64gb early next year.

Good luck. The 6 Plus is an awesome phone. I love mine. I have the 64gb Space Gray and have had the Note 2 and 3. While those are great phones I would not trade my 6 Plus for them or the Note 4.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Mattfire145

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
All my life I have been a Android fan. I was always against iPhone's but never had one. I was one of those people haha. I had a LG G3 and the first couple weeks it was so laggy and slow. I also didn't like how the power and volume control buttons were on the back of the phone. Taking a screen shot and even turning the volume up and down was difficult at times. Well last week the touchscreen started acting up and I had to press really hard on it to get it to work. I took it to AT&T and they said the G2 and the G3's do have some issues with that. I didn't want to risk it so I said it's time to try and iPhone for once using the Next plan. I ended up buying the iPhone 6 and I haven't regretted it yet. I'm still getting used to everything and it will take me awhile before I learn the iOS.

The virtual keyboard is amazing. It's very responsive and I don't seem to have a lot of issues typing. The calibration on the G3 keyboard was horrible and you couldn't calibrate it. I'm not sure if you can calibrate this keyboard on the iPhone. I need to download the user guide and read up on the phone.

I love the fingerprint sensor. It makes unlocking your phone a breeze and I love how it's so easy to verify by using it if you want to download or purchase something.

The phone is lag free and it's super fast. Better than the Android phones I had in the past.

I like the charging set up too. The phone charges extremely fast and I never liked the USB ports on Android phones. I broke so many ports from having to charge the phones!

The only thing I am having trouble with is, sometimes when I am texting someone and I make a mistake, I touch the screen where I want the cursor to be so I can edit the text but it doesn't seem to want to work correctly. im not sure why the cursor doesn't want to move. Anyone else have that issue?

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes yes. If you hold the text box you can drag the cursor where you want it to go. Much easier than trying to tap the exact spot. Just drag. The cursor where you want it to go. Glad you enjoy you 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Just long press on the text until the magnification comes up and drag.

8ed06696020f82212c38345ac81ec7e0.jpg

carla2222

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Well I made the biggest mistake ever. I went over to Android because I didn't seem to like the iphones in the store. i went top of the line LG G3 and while its a nice phone the Android OS sucks big time. Its very cumberson and not very intutive. Having gotten it on the NEXT plan from ATT I am paying $25 a month for misery. Has anybody else made the same mistake and just bitten the bullet and pay full price just to come back to the Iphone? I would take my iPhone 5 back in a heart beat if I could over the crap I got now

carla2222

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Feel the same way. Went from iPhone to LG 3. Hate hate hate this phone. It will cost me close to 700 dollars to cancel my two year contract (will have to purchase the piece of crap and cancel contract) the phone is huge. Glitchy and overall garbage compared to the iPhone. You are not alone. I kick myself daily for switching over. Hoping I can sell this junk because being stuck with it for two years seems like an eternity.
Good luck. You're not alone.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I didn't actually leave Apple iPhone for Android but had my Note3 and 5s at the same time, almost needless to say, after approx one month of use the Note3 just sat on the nightstand while the 5s became my daily driver. I soon replaced my Note3 with my iPad Air2 and became a Happy Camper once again. Not taking anything from Android devices, they do have excellent customization, but thats just not enough for me and the way I use my smartphone

kobe008

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
I love Android. My only lingering gripe is that there has yet to be an Android camera as good as an iPhone. I've been on a Galaxy S3 for a couple years, then briefly had a Note 4 but returned it. Getting a 6 Plus tomorrow. Camera and battery life are two of my biggest requirements in a phone and the 6 Plus seems to be just what the doctor ordered.

If camera and battery are your two biggest requirements then you didn't keep the Note 4 long enough. Its camera and battery are both better than any iphone.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
See I found that the camera on the Note 4 and iPhone 6 plus were pretty even I never compared the two closely but both took great photos for my use. But battery life was much better on the 6 plus. Having owned both for a number of months that was my result.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
As much as I like Android, I knew I couldn't give up iOS for it. I bought my 2014 Moto X in February to go along with my iPhone, and I'm glad I didn't get rid of my iPhone. After about 2 weeks of using my Moto X, I jumped right back to iOS. I like it too much to leave completely. I know if I replaced my iPhone with the Moto X, I'd regret it too.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
You can still exchange it for another! Don't stick with a phone you don't like!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

DudeThatsErin

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Right now I have both the LG G3 and the iPhone 6 Plus. I love both for their differences.

Are you able to use your NEXT upgrade to go back to the iPhone at all?

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR