Incipio or Apple Case?

Agrinho

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

I'm new here, but I do plan to stick around and make more posts.

I got my iPhone 6 about two weeks ago. I bought a temporary case for it to protect my phone as I look for the right one. I've looked around on the internet a lot - sadly, going to shops to get the hands-on experience isn't an option since shops around here don't have many iPhone cases.

Finally, I'm left with four choices: the Incipio feather, Incipio NPG, the Apple silicone case or the Apple leather case. I've watched YouTube reviews, read reviews online, looked at pictures - but I can't decide and I'm hoping to get more insight from users here.

Has anyone got any experience with these cases? I don't need protection for dropping my phone as much as I'm concerned about scratches, specifically at the back of my phone.

I like how slim the Incipio feather case is and I like the free bottom for easy access to my home button - my current case wraps around the entire phone and it's not as smooth accessing my home button. The many openings make me worry about dust/dirt creeping in, though.

So I'd go to Incipio NPG because that does cover up more, and I like the translucent colours... only the black one I'd buy isn't translucent. I also wonder what feel the Incipio cases have?

Then for the Apple cases, I'm leaning more towards the leather case. Anyone got any experience with the silicone/leather cases?

Thank you so much for any help or insight you have to offer, and I'll talk to you later!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Dude, make a decision. It's "your" iPhone, and "you" are the one who will be walking around using it with a case. You've done your homework, now all that is left is for you to decide which one you think will suit you best. Pick one.

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Just sharing the same sentiments as above.... If you didn't do so much research and asked for opinions I could understand....

For me I have the incipio dual pro which is ok

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Dig just pull the trigger on a case or buy both. Most folks like the Apple Leather Case.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I have an Apple Silicone case and I love it. It works perfectly. I plan on picking up an Apple Leather Case soon because the Silicone one picks up dust and lint fairly easily. You can't go wrong with the Apple cases IMO. They are the best cases out there IMO, and I will definitely be picking another one up for any future iPhone I buy :)

RescueEMT911

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Apple Black Leather.. This is my first one on my ip6, always had an Otterbox Defender, and LOVE this case.. It is the only one I am going to own now!! Feels and Looks Great!

Brandon Humbert

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
For what it's worth I have both leather and silicone case from apple and I like the silicone one better. Found that the leather one shows scratches a lot more than the silicone.

Agrinho

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Thank you everyone for your opinions. They definitely helped me decide.

I know I'd done my homework and maybe I didn't make it clear enough, but I was just looking for some actual experiences with the cases.

I've just ordered the Apple black leather case. I'll be sure to let you know how I like it. I might get an Incipio case at a later point to be able to diversify.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I've got a black Incipio NGP on the silver 6 I just got today. The first and only case I'll be spending my money on is the Apple leather case. I just like those and prefer cases made by the device manufacturer!

Last edited:

iTechHead

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Thank you everyone for your opinions. They definitely helped me decide.

I know I'd done my homework and maybe I didn't make it clear enough, but I was just looking for some actual experiences with the cases.

I've just ordered the Apple black leather case. I'll be sure to let you know how I like it. I might get an Incipio case at a later point to be able to diversify.

Can't go wrong I have that same case. It has a nice texture and slides easily out pockets while still providing grip to the phone.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Hi guys,

I'm new here, but I do plan to stick around and make more posts.

I got my iPhone 6 about two weeks ago. I bought a temporary case for it to protect my phone as I look for the right one. I've looked around on the internet a lot - sadly, going to shops to get the hands-on experience isn't an option since shops around here don't have many iPhone cases.

Finally, I'm left with four choices: the Incipio feather, Incipio NPG, the Apple silicone case or the Apple leather case. I've watched YouTube reviews, read reviews online, looked at pictures - but I can't decide and I'm hoping to get more insight from users here.

Has anyone got any experience with these cases? I don't need protection for dropping my phone as much as I'm concerned about scratches, specifically at the back of my phone.

I like how slim the Incipio feather case is and I like the free bottom for easy access to my home button - my current case wraps around the entire phone and it's not as smooth accessing my home button. The many openings make me worry about dust/dirt creeping in, though.

So I'd go to Incipio NPG because that does cover up more, and I like the translucent colours... only the black one I'd buy isn't translucent. I also wonder what feel the Incipio cases have?

Then for the Apple cases, I'm leaning more towards the leather case. Anyone got any experience with the silicone/leather cases?

Thank you so much for any help or insight you have to offer, and I'll talk to you later!

I couldn't decide either. So I have the Apple leather case and Incipio feather. I switch back and forth. I like them both.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Just picked up the grey Apple silicone case. Definitely not what I expected...in a good way! Nice snug fit and quite grippy. Doesn't feel slick at all!!!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2