Why doesn't my phone appear on the recipient's when trying to use AirDrop?

Vortec 5.3

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
When I try and share a pic via airdrop, my daughters phone shows up and I can share pics with her.

When she try's to airdrop to me, my phone does not appear on her phone. Any ideas why not ?

AirDrop turned on both devices

Tried turning off her phone and restarting.

Contacts turned on only.

Vortec 5.3

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Bluetooth on on both devices. Wifi same network. AirDrop turned on both devices. Contacts only. My phone is not showing up in her phone.

Vortec 5.3

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Only iphones in our home is my daughter and I. She has never tried it with a person outside of me That has an iPhone. I've never tried it with anyone one else but my daughter.

I do have a iPad and my daughters phone showed up on my daughters phone. My iPad didn't show up on her phone.

It's like it's not reading my iPhone or iPad.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Only iphones in our home is my daughter and I. She has never tried it with a person outside of me That has an iPhone. I've never tried it with anyone one else but my daughter.

I do have a iPad and my daughters phone showed up on my daughters phone. My iPad didn't show up on her phone.

It's like it's not reading my iPhone or iPad.
I've seen where others have this problem. One fix was to sign out of your wifi. Go to where it says "Forget This Network" and tap it. But stay toggled on. I have no idea if that will work. It did for some on the Apple forums. But it did not work for some others. It must be a wifi issue. I'll go ask my iOS guru. It may be tomorrow. But I'll report what I find out. There must be a solution.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Vortec 5.3

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
We didn't do a hard reset. What happens when you do that ? I tried a few of those things in the link you sent me. And I do appreciate all you're help.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried a hard reset? Hold the top power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release. Do both phones.
Here's some AirDrop tips for trouble shooting.
Pro tip: Troubleshooting AirDrop on iOS - TechRepublic

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

We didn't do a hard reset. What happens when you do that ? I tried a few of those things in the link you sent me. And I do appreciate all you're help.

I have had that work a couple of times. A hard reset simply reboots the phone, much like a power cycle does on a computer.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711