Tech 21 or Speck Candyshell grip?

Rishi Desai

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Which case do you prefer? The tech 21 checkered case or speck candyshell grip for the iPhone 6

Let me know what you guys think...

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I have the speck candyshell grip and like it a lot- I have heard great things about tech 21 cases as well- I would go with which every you prefer looks wise

mrjoeltan

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I went with the Tech 21 tactical case. It's a nice slim case that offers protection, and its very sleek. Also, I have the space grey iPhone, so a black tech21 classical makes it look even better. I would get more fancy cases, but I'm waiting for things like the twelve south or price drops, haha.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
Don't have any experience with the iPhone 6 variants, but I'd personally go with the Tech 21 between these two. I had a Speck case of some variant once (for the 4/4s I think) that was a royal pain in the whatsit to take off.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I have the tech 21 check smokey case it's nice but compared to the one I had for my 5s the case is slick

Sent from my Gold iPhone using Tapatalk

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Can't go wrong with either. I have enjoyed the Candyshell more on each phon I've gotten it for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MuttX7

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I can't really comment on the Tech 21 but I have the Candyshell grip and I really like it. It's not really bulky and the grip has helped me not drop my phone a couple of times. Like a previous poster stated, it is kind of a pain to take off.

jagfan2

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
WM has the Otterbox Defender and Speck cases on sale for Black Friday. Just picked up the Candyshell for $10. Thought it would make a good spare for that price. After trying it on, I didn't want to remove it. Case feels great in my hands and looks nice - not bulky. I like the grips. Very easy for me to slip in and out of my pocket. Looks like my spare has turned into my new case for everyday use.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
WM has the Otterbox Defender and Speck cases on sale for Black Friday. Just picked up the Candyshell for $10. Thought it would make a good spare for that price. After trying it on, I didn't want to remove it. Case feels great in my hands and looks nice - not bulky. I like the grips. Very easy for me to slip in and out of my pocket. Looks like my spare has turned into my new case for everyday use.

My local Walmart sold out before I could get any :/

brookeyydo0o

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
neither, mostly bc they both are bulky for me, but if i had to choose tech 21 for sure working in the tech world and cell phone bizz i have seen many people with broken spec cases and them scatching bc of their glossy feel .. tech 21 is a way better product

cyberpaw

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
For those of you with the Tech 21 case, would you call the overall case slippery or grippy? Also does it scratch easily? I have had the Speck Grip, but it scratches easily.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
For those of you with the Tech 21 case, would you call the overall case slippery or grippy? Also does it scratch easily? I have had the Speck Grip, but it scratches easily.

No the tech 21 case doesn't scratch very easy. I had one on my 5s for 4 months with no sign of scratches. As for grip I guess it depends on which version you get. I have the classic check and at times it can get a slippery, but I just wipe the back on my pants or shirt and it restores the grip

Rishi Desai

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site

I've been using the tech 21 case ever since the iphone 6 came out and so far i have no complaints... I bought the speck Candyshell grip just try it out... Had it on my phone for a day but wish I had never bought it. Probably going to keep the tech 21 case on it for as long as it holds up

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
have used candyshell in the past but I really like the tech21. I have the all white evo mesh from the apple store (doesn't have the orange!)

ChrisWhooo912

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
I got the speck candy shell grip as a gift today, it's black/gray one for my space grey iPhone 6.
I like how grippy it is when you text with one hand now.

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1418628446.233770.jpg

Don't know about the temper glass screen protector though. The edges don't seem to stick well enough.

Anyone have it like this too?