What news App do you use?

brookeyydo0o

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
What are you rocking on your iPhone? What news app do you like? I currently use iMore and Clipboard but feel like Flipboard's layout is more for an iPad..

What do you use and why do you use it

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I use this little thing called Taptu, and Flipboard. Taptu gives me RSS type feeds in a series of horizontal columns that gives me that very full, vivid and plentiful news feel.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
Mainly Flipboard as it's a decently curated list for my needs. Also playing around with Newsify, but haven't really used it much as of yet. Probably going to cancel my Feedbin subscription as I just don't keep up with it. Used to use Unread or Mr. Reader with it. And like everyone else, Twitter (via Twitterific, at least until Tweetbot for iPad is updated (if it ever gets there)) for "breaking news."

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Pulse. I don't care for the news apps that try to be social media. I just want the news.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Newsify for my RSS feeds. I used Feedly for months but when they had their issue a few months back with their server being hacked or whatever, I tried Newsify and never went back. Also I use Pocket as a companion app so that I can send articles there to be read later if it's something that'll take too long. Never been crazy about Flipboard for two reasons...1) the layout takes too long for me to flip through everything. 2) there are a few of my RSS feeds that aren't supported on Flipboard.

truenorthstrong

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I use Feedly works way better than Flipboard, I heard good things about Newsify going to try that soon. Oh and I also use Tweetings 2, in my opinion the best Twitter app, yes even better than Tweetbot.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711