Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

7 Posts
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

Lightbulb HELP: Unlocked iphone 6 from Apple Store but invoice says it is AT&T

I made a purchase of Iphone 6 at full price yesterday from Grand Central NY Apple Store. I wanted to buy an unlocked device so that i can take it back to India. Hence i asked the sales rep for an unlocked version / T-mobile one, however i was told by the sales rep that all the phones sold at full price at Apple Store are unlocked and T-mobile ones are out of stock i can pick up AT&T one which as well will be unlocked by default. So i decided to pick one up . While going through the invoice i can read "It can be used only with AT&T wireless service"

Kinda confused here if this is actually an unlocked phone or not?? Can some one explain if any idea about this. How can i check if this phone is unlocked or not and is there any kind of regional lock - Like say i check with different sims from US and it works however if i go back to India and it won't work???

Any suggestions help will be great here..

Thanks in advance
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HELP: Unlocked iphone 6 from Apple Store but invoice says it is AT&T-i6-invoice.jpg